2013 Stock Thread

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Briansol

Admins
Admin
VIP
What are you holding these days? long plays? short plays?
I need to diversify a bit. I have way too much in BDC's and REIT's right now to be comfortable, even though they have generally made me a killing, and continue to do so with he highest dividends available.

I've been watching VVUS: Summary for VIVUS, Inc.- Yahoo! Finance but i already have a pretty large position with BMY: Summary for Bristol-Myers Squibb Company Co- Yahoo! Finance
I'm also watching ROSG: Summary for Rosetta Genomics Ltd.- Yahoo! Finance. Trends look good but EPS scares me a bit. 50% upside is possible in 1-2 years analysts say.
They said.... lol

I currently have a bit more than most in my portfolios right now. I know it's too much to really watch. I;d like to consolidate down a bit, but i'm pretty happy with most of my current holdings. Some are old holds that i've lost on and just sit on and wait as i don't hav emuch in it, and it's not worth bothering to sell. Others I have a pretty significant position in my retirement funds. I have a few others i didn't list here, but i only have a couple bucks in them... they are all but useless to me and i don't watch them anyway. if they ever go up agian, i'll sell. otherwise, they just sit there as its not worth the transaction fee to toss them.

ARR: Summary for ARMOUR Residential REIT, Inc.- Yahoo! Finance
BMY: Summary for Bristol-Myers Squibb Company Co- Yahoo! Finance
CNSL: Summary for Consolidated Communications Hol- Yahoo! Finance
CTIC: Summary for Cell Therapeutics, Inc.- Yahoo! Finance
FB: Summary for Facebook, Inc.- Yahoo! Finance (yup, i bought 6 shares just to play :D)
FITB: Summary for Fifth Third Bancorp- Yahoo! Finance
FLEX: Summary for Flextronics International Ltd.- Yahoo! Finance
FSLR: Summary for First Solar, Inc.- Yahoo! Finance
FLSAX: Summary for FIDELITY ADVISOR LEVERAGED COMP- Yahoo! Finance
GCOM: Summary for Globecomm Systems Inc.- Yahoo! Finance
IMH: Summary for Impac Mortgage Holdings, Inc. C- Yahoo! Finance
KRFT: Summary for Kraft Foods Group, Inc.- Yahoo! Finance
MDLZ: Summary for Mondelez International, Inc.- Yahoo! Finance
OIGAX: Summary for OPPENHEIMER INTERNATIONAL GROWT- Yahoo! Finance
ORCL: Summary for Oracle Corporation- Yahoo! Finance
PARLX: Summary for T.ROWE PRICE 2045 RETIREMENT FU- Yahoo! Finance
PSEC: Summary for Prospect Capital Corporation- Yahoo! Finance
SIRI: Summary for Sirius XM Radio Inc.- Yahoo! Finance
TICC: Summary for TICC Capital Corp.- Yahoo! Finance
TWO: Summary for Two Harbors Investment Corp- Yahoo! Finance
VRNG: Summary for Vringo, Inc. Common Stock- Yahoo! Finance

It's even bigger than i thought when i look at it all listed out like this. :/
I need to consolidate. Like I said. I have too many of one things, but those one things keep making money so its tough to get out of them..... but when its a bad day, they ALL have a bad day and it HURTS!

I sold everything I owned in Dec, aside from my 401k. Might get back in again.

Long postions only!! I dont do Margin Trading at all, too scared. Though I think of shorting GameStop one day as I think future game consoles will kill the Secound Hand Game market, and will go away like Blockbuster and Hollywood Video, as games I think will be bought online and steamed (hardwear can be bought online)

Thinking of buying into some banks, as I feel positive about this year. Bank of America, Citi etc. Feel housing will up tick as well.

Also see some Auto Companys going up as well as long as things stay postive. My Toyota (TM) has paid off when I bought during the Recalls and looking strong.

Other then that just Re-fianiced My house:D, and almost going to be able to double my house payment woot!! Got this thing at the bottom of the Market so I think as long as I dont ever take equity out Im golden, Yay for inflation!! J/K

fidelity. all my holdings are in retirement funds. i don't have any play areas.... too much bs for taxes and profits in that area. my taxes are already a PITA enough without it.

Friday, i sold out of nearly all my holdings. I only kept about 15% in holings... most were the ones i was at a loss on. might as well just ride those out. And i'm glad I did.

I took some good profits, and today, the market collapsed. All the news coming seems bad. euro sector, oil rising like crazy ($4 gas here again already), it's round 2 of obamacession.

Looking to ride this down to the bottom holding cash. Fidelity throws all cash automatically into their [stock]fdrxx[/stock] mutual fund for cash so it will earn some interest too. all .01% of it :D

Sheeeesh that's huge.

I know $NAV killed it for a bit when they announced a new CEO. It's retreated a lot, but it did great things for the entire trans market.

Its been a crazy ride sitting on FSLR. it crashed hard and scared me pretty good, but I sat on it and waited it out. and i'm glad I did. what a crazy ride back up and over the top. Today has been my best day ever in the market, and it's still on the general upswing of things.

Interesting.

I know my corp stock has been very up and down, and declining the last few days. I was really wish I had diversified the last couple years contributions away but it's climbing back and the 1.6% dividend doesn't hurt.

1.6 is lame.
arr, psec, ticc all have 10-15% divs.

Long term conservative company. 74 years of profitability. Again, wish I had earlier got out of the last couple years of contributions.

I am now.

Back