2019 VW Gti

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

|Chaz|

VIP
Well that happened quickly. When we were in the process of purchasing my wifes car, I inquired about trading in my 2017 Gli in on a new Gti.

I told them I wanted a Gti SE in red or blue. There wasn't a single red one in state, or Oregon or Idaho. There was one blue one in Vancouver, WA. They brought it in for me and that was that.

Really love the car. Got it in DSG because I won't commute in a manual anymore. And I have my S4 as my fun manual car already. I love the seats, they are bolstered so well. It's pretty quick and it has very neutral handling. It has the DCC suspension with comfort, normal, and sport settings. It is actually quite noticeable. The dealer is tune friendly so I will likely get the Apr stage 1 tune and the transmission tune for it. The LED headlights are great!

Only options it doesn't have is lane assist and adaptive cruise control.

Attachments

• 20190806_200036~2.jpg
    20190806_200036~2.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 357
:thumbup:Nice car, but your flappy paddles make me sad :(

Have you driven a VW DSG gearbox? They are paired really well with the engine. The 6 speed is slightly more fun, but it just feels like it was an after thought on this car. The DSG shifts so fast and is really good at being in the right gear when you want it.

I've driven a shit ton of VWs (side job as a swap driver for a little while)
And I agree the DSG is an amazing transmission. It's faster and more precise than a human could ever be. And it is almost good enough to replace a real row your own gearbox. But it still lacks that interaction, that je ne sais quoi

If I went auto for commute, I'd also get adaptive cruise and lane keeping. Go full on lazy mode. (wife's car had adaptive cruise and its the bee's knees for highway driving.).

I actually prefer a manual for traffic. Way easier to lug it in 2nd gear than shift back and forth. I've always had a commute for years before I got my truck and miss the manual.

Edit: Dig the GTI's. Great car.

wow i was surprised you couldnt get a 2 door gti. but i guess that makes sense when 1/2 your cars use the same damn platform.

I like it best body style so far, just wish all these car companies would start offering 2 doors again.

I've really never been a huge fan of 2 doors to be quite honest. Unless we're talking actual performance cars.
If I went auto for commute, I'd also get adaptive cruise and lane keeping. Go full on lazy mode. (wife's car had adaptive cruise and its the bee's knees for highway driving.).

I actually prefer a manual for traffic. Way easier to lug it in 2nd gear than shift back and forth. I've always had a commute for years before I got my truck and miss the manual.

Edit: Dig the GTI's. Great car.

I drove my Civic the last four years in traffic to Seattle from Lake Stevens, never again. Roundtrip approximately 75 miles. Terrible. This is such a huge improvement. (I do ride the bus everyday, so I suppose its irrelevant.) But I pull the S4 out of the garage if I want to row gears.

I drove my Civic the last four years in traffic to Seattle from Lake Stevens, never again. Roundtrip approximately 75 miles. Terrible. This is such a huge improvement. (I do ride the bus everyday, so I suppose its irrelevant.) But I pull the S4 out of the garage if I want to row gears.

My first job I got in seattle I was still living in Graham. Between I-5 and Meridian Ave, almost every day ended with a long workout at the gym and a shot of tequila before bed.

Yes, that says the commute can take up to 3 hours.
upload_2019-8-15_6-41-5.png

My first job I got in seattle I was still living in Graham. Between I-5 and Meridian Ave, almost every day ended with a long workout at the gym and a shot of tequila before bed.

Yes, that says the commute can take up to 3 hours.
View attachment 27472

I had a gal on my work team who did deep graham to bellevue for 3 years before she moved to Auburn.

Back