2019 VW Tiguan

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

|Chaz|

VIP
Here is my wifes new car. We sold her 2002 S8 four years and 30k miles later for $7500 after having bought it for $9000.

She's always wanted a smaller SUV and we have been into Volkswagen's lately so naturally thats what we wanted.

Its a 2019 Tiguan SE 4motion in Dark Moss green.

Has the panoramic sunroof, 8 inch display with Android auto/apple carplay, black leatherette interior, and heated seats of course. We got it for $29k out the door with tax and licensing, etc.

Best part is she's paying for it all by herself since she's been employed with Fluke Networks the last year and a half or so now. Nice "grownup" practical car for her.

Attachments

• 20190727_125034.jpg
    20190727_125034.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 272
fluke is great!! we have a bunch of their tools. they have lasted a long time.

my sister has a 18 tiguan. shes not a huge fan, but it does tow her small camper. she really misses her jetta. when i drove it, it felt alot like a jeep liberty :)

Yea, its a good looking car. It shifts too truckish for me. I really like the DSG in my 2017 GLI. Shifts so fast and smooth.

Nice! I've seen a few of these on the road and wondered what they drive like. I do like those panoramic sunroofs, too.

already? i thought this was your dream job?

Nice! I've seen a few of these on the road and wondered what they drive like. I do like those panoramic sunroofs, too.

The 8 speed is a little weird. Its fairly peppy for being 4000lbs though. If they manage to crack the ECU I will probably get a tune for it. The dealer told me that they are tune friendly as long as its a basic "stage 1."

We had an issue with the paint on it, I gave it a thorough wash and what I thought were water spots was actually pretty severe etching over the hood and roof. We took it back and they got us another brand new one in the exact color and with all the same options.

Strange that no one caught the problem along the way, they brought it in from a different dealership for us so I'm not sure who dropped the ball, but at least they are handling the issue without any complaints.

I'm surprised you don't like the transmission. That ZF 8 speed was one of my favorite things when I had my 300. Shifted smooth and always felt like the car was in the meat of the power band.

I'm surprised you don't like the transmission. That ZF 8 speed was one of my favorite things when I had my 300. Shifted smooth and always felt like the car was in the meat of the power band.

I really haven't put enough miles on it to make a fair evaluation to be honest. That was more my first impression. Time will tell though. Definitely prefer DSG gearboxes though.

The 8 speed is a little weird. Its fairly peppy for being 4000lbs though. If they manage to crack the ECU I will probably get a tune for it. The dealer told me that they are tune friendly as long as its a basic "stage 1."

We had an issue with the paint on it, I gave it a thorough wash and what I thought were water spots was actually pretty severe etching over the hood and roof. We took it back and they got us another brand new one in the exact color and with all the same options.

Strange that no one caught the problem along the way, they brought it in from a different dealership for us so I'm not sure who dropped the ball, but at least they are handling the issue without any complaints.
There isn't much out there under 4,000 lbs these days, it's kinda crazy. That's cool they're taking care of you on the hood. I think most dealerships would've tried to polish, wet sand, etc. then call it good when it was "mostly repaired."
1 - Most people aren't "car people"
2 - You'd be surprised what most people won't notice
Srs. Some people drive with no hood...........

Nice, I just ended up with one myself after 8 hours of car shopping last Saturday. Passed on a Volvo XC60, XC40, Acura RDX and MDX...Went with a 2019 Tiguan SEL R-Line Black. My wife had a Civic and wanted to get back into an SUV and she loved my 2019 Rav 4 Adventure so we traded in her Civic for the Tiguan and she took my Rav 4. I was going to go with the fully loaded SEL Premium but the R-line screamed my name. I was a little surprised at this price tag that the SEL R-Line didn't have Partial Autonomous Driving like Lane Assist, LED Headlights and Cooled seats like my Rav 4 did...but its got plenty of options and I like the look a lot better than the SEl Premium. It drives a lot smoother than the Rav 4. The 184hp is a bit underpowered but the 220TQ makes up for it. It's also very roomy. The audio system is terrible, the SEL Premium had the Fender upgrade but even that wasn't great....im going to fix that with some replacement components in the front and replace 5.25's in the back doors and an amp. Gas mileage is acceptable though i only have about 500 miles on the car i'm getting about 26+

I know APR is working on a tune. One of their employees bought an R-Line back in early August and they are using it as a test dummy, so there is hope. Burger Motorsports has a JB4 Box but i heard mixed reviews on the 2019s. It seems like the ECU on these things are difficult to work on.

69502929_10219183584527724_8766499001026478080_n.jpg

69961385_10219183585047737_7734367919701753856_n.jpg

69662722_10219183585727754_148231278573912064_n.jpg

70128126_10219183586007761_7593407784536768512_n.jpg

No, I read it.
My question remains the same.
Were you looking for an upgrade or weren't happy with the RAV or just wanted something new?

No, I read it.
My question remains the same.
Were you looking for an upgrade or weren't happy with the RAV or just wanted something new?

Well....i guess i could have gotten another Rav 4 but i hate matching cars. She just wanted my Rav 4 and for me to deal with shopping for a new one. I would have gotten a Rav 4 XSE Hybrid or Limited Hybrid but they want BMW 5 series payments for one and again ..i just dont want to have two of the same cars

Fair enough. Just wondering if there was anything I might want to look out for with the RAV.
I get it, thanks for explaining.

Back