240 owners pls...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ekPhred

Hello all!

I haven't posted in a really long time, just busy doing my own thing. Anyway, I'm in the process of selling my civic and getting an S13. I just wanted to know who owns a 240 (besides Brian) in this forum and what you plan on doing to it.

I'm not a big fan of body kits so I'm just going to make it clean. Just a silvia front end conversion (getting a coupe btw), rims, suspension blah blah.

I was originally going to do an SR swap but I've been reading a lot about an RB swap. I know that RB aftermarket isn't as plentiful as the SR but I think there is more potential with the RB, plus an RB clip is cheaper then an SR from what I hear. I just wanted to see everybody's opinion on the matter.

Peace

rb is not cheaper dude. lol
even if you can get the clip for the same price, there's still 1500+ in parts you need to get it to work- mounts, drive shaft, downpipe, Ic piping, wire harness, etc...

but, im here, JDmilan has an s13, turbomirage's g/f has one that he drives/breaks :D, ummm who else... FFciv, um... uhhh.... god my memory is freakin shot. lol I know there's at least 2 or 3 more reg's in here who have 'em.

hrmmm... I was referring to a rb20 swap. I'm still a Nissan nub so everything is still new to me. I heard that the driveshaft fits in just fine. Also, the only concern would get custom mounts because the engine will sit up too high and you would have to cut off the skeleton of the hood just to make it fit.

I don't know though, I'm still researching about the swap... I don't even have the car yet but I'm still looking up shit for it, haha how sad.... :roll:

There is a s13 around my area with the RB20 swap in it and it sounds REALLY mean going down the street, wondering if he got pulled over yet... <_<

fuck an rb20. the work it takes isn't worth it. the sr will make similar power and is so much easier to do and get parts for.

yea, dont get the sohc ka series. get the dohc. they are less prone to electrical problems.

and no, ive never actually broken the car. the wiring just sucks hardcore for some reason with the sohc motor.

Alright, we'll see what happens.... I've seen TurboMirage's mods to his Nissan, what about you Brian? What do you have done your Nissan? Also, how is your "del-slo" (j/p ahha) coming along with that 2 liter motor, still have it? Been awhile..

peace

hmm........I have one also like brian stated, a 93 gold coupe.

Great torquey motor, has me even thinking KA-T

Honestly, hit up google and search around for info - that is how I learned a lot of my honda and nissan shit.

Mods' to the 240:

converted the interior to all black except seats but I have a set of Momo's at my buddies garage, SPA steering wheel, tintLESS

I did a lot of maintenance shit already, not really a lot but:

New water pump, new AC, PC, ALT belts
New valve cover gasket, NGK plugs, and Taylor uber ghey BLUE wires "only option at the time :) "

Plans, well you'll see........

I have an 89 model w/sr20det. No electrical problems whatsoever. 91+ s13's have their advantages but I wouldn't consider them to be of great importance. If you find an 89-90 model for the right price, don't hesitate on buying it.

As far as the rb goes, unless your looking for some crazy hp or just want to be different the sr is the best motor. All the modifications are in the wiring harness and theres only a few changes to be made. Rb is a better motor, but for ease of parts and mods you'll be better served with the sr.

I was reading this...I am looking at getting either an 87 300zxt for 3k or a 95 240 within the next month....whats considered going price on the 240? the only books i've seen aren't going back that far...Dealer's Black Book is what i was using

sloazcrx - What other mods do you have to your motor or pretty much stock? Yea, I was just considering the RB or maybe just buy a silvia front clip because I want the front end as well. I don't know, we'll see and I'll keep everybody updated on it.

Nissani - Both are great cars, however, I'm biased and I like 240's better so get that! :p Anyway, if you want to know the price, try kbb.com (I think that's Kelly Blue Book's website) and you can see how much that car is really worth also take account how much mileage it's in and exterior stuff and blah blah blah, good luck

It's pretty much stock right now. Money is tight and now that I have the motor in my next round of mods will be in the suspension.

Originally posted by ekPhred@Apr 7 2004, 03:29 PM
I want the front end as well.

good luck with this if you are planning on using the front end from the clip u get...most front clips do not have body parts that are in good shape. If you are really deadset on the coversion, you might want to look at extreme dimensions.com they have the s15 front end conversion for like 1600

i have a 91 240 fastback and the wiring is a hell of a lot worse than any sohc you might find. it's mostly due to the previous owner and the jackass that he is. even with the problems it runs good and is actually quite reliable. i plan on getting another ka and boosting it. i can't let almost half a liter go for about the same price it would take to boost the 2.4

Originally posted by driver1+Apr 9 2004, 08:45 AM-->
@Apr 7 2004, 03:29 PM
I want the front end as well.

good luck with this if you are planning on using the front end from the clip u get...most front clips do not have body parts that are in good shape. If you are really deadset on the coversion, you might want to look at extreme dimensions.com they have the s15 front end conversion for like 1600

Keep in mind that with the s15 conversion you get what you pay for. The headlights and front bumper may be oem stuff but it's the conversion fenders that you need to pay close attention to. If you want your conversion to look good with the least amount of work (who doesn't) this is not the area to skimp on.

s15 front end converion != a bolt on.

you're talking massive custom body work, and a dick load of money... for, well, nothing

476634_4_full.jpg

"The front end cost me about 6k before paint, so all said and done, it was an $8,000 conversion"

right from homeboys home page

All for nothing, it's expensive, but hella tight!

s15 conversions are the shit, even though they are expensive to do properly and not at all safe.

Back