2nd gen b16 5 million series block

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

BigBoy

Anyone know which car this is out of? And is it from a 160 or 170hp motor?

1st gen 5 million series motors were out or civic/crx SiR in japan. They are still 160 hp. The 1 million series motors were out of Integra XSi in japan. They are 160 hp as well.

I'm not sure about which cars the 2nd gen motors came out of but i'm pretty suer they were 170 hp due to higher compression pistons and a little more aggressive cam profile.

Originally posted by DTEC@Sep 6 2005, 06:19 AM
1st gen 5 million series motors were out or civic/crx SiR in japan. They are still 160 hp. The 1 million series motors were out of Integra XSi in japan. They are 160 hp as well.

I'm not sure about which cars the 2nd gen motors came out of but i'm pretty suer they were 170 hp due to higher compression pistons and a little more aggressive cam profile.
[post=550095]Quoted post[/post]​

Gen 2 > Gen 1.

So, this would mean that it came from a newer car, like 92-95 right? B16's came in Civics so this should narrow it down more, to sedans, coupes and hatches. Right?

Just curious, not trying to be a dick.

well there were also gen2 b16's in integras from 92-93 so its kinda a broad range. but the b16 in the integra cable tranny (short geared ys1) and the tranny in the cvics were hydro.

Originally posted by jdm2gen03@Sep 7 2005, 01:06 AM
well there were also gen2 b16's in integras from 92-93 so its kinda a broad range. but the b16 in the integra cable tranny (short geared ys1) and the tranny in the cvics were hydro.
[post=550525]Quoted post[/post]​

unless the B16 came from a 88-91 civic/crx then it would be cable as well...

also the b16 from the 92-93 integra was OBD1, take that into consideration... obd's play a role in everything.

yea new that. have the motor in my car... and i think the way to tell if the b16 has 170 hp is either coming stock with a hydro tranny or being obd1. if it is obd0 and has cable, chances are its 160 hp. unless was converted to obd0 then you would check the tranny code to see if it was a ys1, then it would be the 170 hp version(if its short geard). but lots of ways to change things around if someone had sold you a used motor no tellin wat they changed. either way not to much of a difference in either motor.

Back