3.2 head on a 3.5 block??

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.

delsolcharlie

my friend at work has a TL 3.2 and he was asking me about borin it out, i suggested gettin the 3.5 block and the heads should bolt straight up to the 3.2 heads..has anyone done this..does it work??

are you kidding... have you researched for any aftermarket support on that vehicle? there is none. its nonexistent, no one has done anything with those cars... trust me i have one...

if its a first gen tl...c-series....yes

it it has a j-series block then yes also. YOu can do much more also. Swapping crank, rods, pistons, cams etc.

If done right you will have quite the beast.

i pick a supercharger over a turbo because less maintnace. just put in the the supercharger you will never worry about over boosting.

i pick a supercharger over a turbo because less maintnace. just put in the the supercharger you will never worry about over boosting.

Any non-factory boosted car is going to have alot of maintnance. Supercharger or turbo. I wouldn't make a decision based on that. If you spend the money on a nice wastegate, overboost is going to be rare.

i have just picked up a nice 2000 acura tl with the 3.2l v6 vtec i love this car it is the auto with the slap stick but still pulled on a 03 golf vr6 but anyway i want to make it a little quicker but not go as far as turbo due to my girl has a 2 and a half year old and i still need this car to be reliable i was thinking header and exhaust intake and possibly chip the ecu but is there anything else thanks guys

yep i agree it seems like evryone that owns a tl cl rl or anyu higher end acura or honda pretty much anything other than a (civic,teg) does not look for speed or handeing but in my opinion i want my car to look good going fast and also be very luxury

your crazzzy...

its funny u say that i found mad upgrades at andy`s auto sport... they sell the chips, superchargers, turbo kits, you can even boost the f`n thing if u waned to. i kno if u swap with a 3.5 and do a 4 in intake low 13s alone on street tires

I had trouble reading that, but this thread is from 2007, I doubt they even own the car anymore.

its funny u say that i found mad upgrades at andy`s auto sport... they sell the chips, superchargers, turbo kits, you can even boost the f`n thing if u waned to. i kno if u swap with a 3.5 and do a 4 in intake low 13s alone on street tires

Just wanted to add, yes, you absolutely can buy all of that shit at Andy's, but Andy's is overpriced. The days of Andy's are waning...much better deals to be found elsewhere now...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back