4 doors, some mods, and a track

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

SolPWR

I know what your thinking, why would you race a sedan. For those of you that have kids maybe you could understand.

Well the wife and I have been looking for another car. After selling my sol, I now have nothing to work on. We got a new Suzuki Aerio but I dont want to touch it cause of the warranty. Well anyway my budget is $3000 for the car only. Now I looking at 4 doors and good handling. Power might not too much of an issue. Anyway, I was looking for an older car but not too old. I was looking like 88-95.

Some cars I have been look at

Civic sedan (Weak, plenty aftermaket, but still a little pricy)
Teg sedan (good base engine hard to find for the price)
BMW E30 (hard to find good ones, RWD 6cyl!)
Jetta (Cant believe im considering, possible VR6 but cost more)

Any other suggestions?

How about a 90-93 or 94-97 accord. Roomy, reliable, good aftermarket, not to mention the h22 drops in like it was meant to be there.

why not a 4g mirage? you can probably pick up a sedan for ~1k and have 2k left for a 4g63t swap. :)

Accords seem like the obvious choice but you cant get one for $3000. I live in SC and hondas are worth more than their weight in gold. (ie. 92 Honda accord wagon, fair condition, 197,000 miles, 4cyl, $3900)

Nothing against you, but i stay away from mitsu. Too many horror stories. "Their fast when they run" -every mitsu owner.

Originally posted by SolPWR@Jul 18 2005, 01:50 PM
Accords seem like the obvious choice but you cant get one for $3000. I live in SC and hondas are worth more than their weight in gold. (ie. 92 Honda accord wagon, fair condition, 197,000 miles, 4cyl, $3900)

Nothing against you, but i stay away from mitsu. Too many horror stories. "Their fast when they run" -every mitsu owner.
[post=528032]Quoted post[/post]​

im a mitsu owner and ive never heard that. maybe its because i dont drive a DSM. my car isnt very fast, but it ALWAYS runs. its more reliable than all 3 of my hondas, and my nissan.

civic sedans are nice I own one I got mine for 2000...not the greatest shape but it has a 98 motor and cold air KYB AGX adjustable gas struts and lowering springs If I put some good tires on it the traction would be excellent I can already take cornors nice...just a thought though..you can easily do a Z6 swap in it for a quick 25 hp gain

From that list the BMW hands down....

older neon dohc 4door.... enough aftermarket support to keep up with everything else...

I know you wouldnt normally think it, but the older Mazda 626 5speed.... MMM its not fast, but for an early 90s four door it sure can handle... I took it out on a autoX for fun, and wound up in 7th for the day... out of about 40 cars ... and I cant talk enough about how reliable it is.... its been in ours and friends family for over 12 years, ONLY thing to go wrong was a timing belt snaped, because a tech partially slit the belt.... oh and its got about 240k on it right now.

Sentra 4 door.... buy it, turbo the 1.6 or swap in the 2.0.... but from what I have seen recently, the 1.6 is holding 18lbs of boost out of a T28RS and making almost 300 Whp.....at 10psi it was makin a little over 200 at the wheels.... to me 300 hp in a 2200lb 4door is quite a fun little kick.... not to mention the after market with all of the OEM upgrades you can do, and then there is the HUGE market of the B13 chassis....

it goes on forever, but if I was you, I would probably get the nissan and knowing how much the GA16DE can actually take.... thats where I would go... and in the near future... am going

I say buy a 4dr integra, those are some sweet cars, no need to swap, enough aftermarket support, you could turbo it or swap out the head. Plenty of options and still look sexy when done right.

now i'm just throwing ideas out there...but i saw a vid (1320 video) of a vr4 galant and i fell in love....thats it....
i know its prob swapped but damn it was fast...and was for sale....

Originally posted by Seany-izzle@Jul 18 2005, 09:05 PM
if you can find the vr4 version of the galant then grab that, but good luck. turbo eclipse motor + awd mmmmm
[post=528221]Quoted post[/post]​

thats a lot of cars... there is even a GVR4 for sale in the area... but just like the other DSMs they arent what most people would call reliable.

Originally posted by NissanNiNjA2nd@Jul 18 2005, 05:03 PM
Sentra 4 door.... buy it, turbo the 1.6 or swap in the 2.0.... but from what I have seen recently, the 1.6 is holding 18lbs of boost out of a T28RS and making almost 300 Whp.....at 10psi it was makin a little over 200 at the wheels.... to me 300 hp in a 2200lb 4door is quite a fun little kick.... not to mention the after market with all of the OEM upgrades you can do, and then there is the HUGE market of the B13 chassis....
[post=528102]Quoted post[/post]​

that would be my choice
good looking cars
pretty cheap
tons of upgrades available
swaps are cheaper than a honda (SR20DET FWD Blue Bird or GTi-R can be had for under $2500)
still very reliable

sentra is a pretty good choice, buti was gonna say a nissan maxima. the vg30de had plnty of aftermarket parts, and they are pretty fast for stock. i dove a 1996 5 spd Se and i was amazed at how fast it was. plenty of room, 4 adults can sit easily, moreimportantly for you, 3 kid can sit comfortably in the back and not complain about "hes touching me, stop, stop..." and anoying stuff like that. the wifey will appreciate the trunk space, more than good enough for grocery runs.

edit: older nissan maxima. if you can find a 96 for 3000, your lucky. you can find the model before that for close to 3000

Back