+40 hp

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I had my sol tested on the dyno today and with the header, cam gear advanced 3 pts,cat back, and intake I found that shes cranking 139.8 horsepower, now I am planning on running a turbo with 7 lbs boost but I am not sure if that will give me what I want
the question is where can I come up with 40 hp. my goal is 180 horse to put me somewhere in the mid 13s

Originally posted by Tenzodelsol@Apr 13 2004, 03:27 AM
I had my sol tested on the dyno today and with the header, cam gear advanced 3 pts,cat back, and intake I found that shes cranking 139.8 horsepower, now I am planning on running a turbo with 7 lbs boost but I am not sure if that will give me what I want
the question is where can I come up with 40 hp. my goal is 180 horse to put me somewhere in the mid 13s

What motor is that? 139 is low for a B16A, and 139 is too high for a D16Z6.

boost that thing. then you get to throw away 2 out of the 4 mods you just bought :thumbsup: a t3 would be a good start

You want us to believe that a 125hp at the crank SOHC, dyno'ed at 139 to the wheels with I,H,E and 3 degrees timing advance? Riiiiiiight

and you want me to believe that 180 whp will net 13's in a del sol??

nope.

i have 184 whp in a del sol that weighed somewhere around 2500 lbs w/ me in it and went 14.2 - 14.3 @ 99.999999 all day long

alright through some calls and shit I guess I was misunderstood and that is supposed to be the HP at the crank not at the wheels at the wheels I guess I should be running right around 120-125, as for quarter mile I have removed the AC, passenger seat, spare, interior cubbies, and the top, thats also with only 1/8th a tank of gas and a CF hood, I estimated the car to be about 2000 lbs and used the quarter mile time calculator on a link at this site so most of this is prediction but anyway my goal is to get this sol to run the strip in 13.anything

And yes for those of you who dont know I am a nooB

I estimated the car to be about 2000 lbs and used the quarter mile time calculator on a link at this site so most of this is prediction but anyway my goal is to get this sol to run the strip in 13.anything

I knew soemone would think that stupidass 1/4 mile estimator was accurate. That thing is a POS and is not correct, dont believe it.

Back