400 hp on a stock block

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

sohcslammer

What do you guys think? I think some of this info is old, I believe it available now, or very shortly. In case you haven't heard of Endyn, it's what Cheezefrog uses for pistons, as well as Courtney Greene in his 800 whp eg.

Suposedly this blower makes @ 400 hp on a stock block with no VTEC and spins the wheels to the rev limiter through the first 3 gears. It also comes with traction control and blows something like 24 PSI.

Blower from hell....

topview.jpg

lmao!

the endyn supercharger.

lollolololol

yeah, mmmhmmm

i think the prototype was out in 97 or 98.

there's still yet to be an endyn supercharger on the market.

and did you see the date on your link?

"Last updated 8/25/00 - minor update to the FAQ below"

UPDATED 5 years ago.

mmmhmmm

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Jul 1 2005, 09:36 AM
lmao!

the endyn supercharger.

lollolololol

yeah, mmmhmmm

i think the prototype was out in 97 or 98.

there's still yet to be an endyn supercharger on the market.

and did you see the date on your link?

"Last updated 8/25/00 - minor update to the FAQ below"

UPDATED 5 years ago.

mmmhmmm
[post=519053]Quoted post[/post]​

:lmao:

I knew it wasn't up to date, but 5 years ago?

:ph34r:

So what the fuck happened? A bunch of bullshit I guess?

no credibility...lots of people also had problems with Endyn and I believe with Larry's pistons(the Rollerwaves) also.

endyn = a bunch of bullshit.

mike will disagree with me here... but that guy is a fucking joke.

the OG drama was all about endyn and the now defunct atomic performance... and why IB exists.

I wanna hear more. I have heard nothing but good things about Endyn and I'd like to know what went down to inspire IB? (I tried to get some IB spec pistons when I built my motor but Jeff was MIA.... <_< ) The supercharger was something I came across while tooling around on Endyn's website. I though it looked too good to be true, but you do never know. And I have the video of Courtney Greene making 802 WHEEL horsepower in a 2.0L GSR motor using rollerwave pistons. That's good enough for me.... :p

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Jul 1 2005, 11:34 AM
endyn = a bunch of bullshit.

mike will disagree with me here... but that guy is a fucking joke.

the OG drama was all about endyn and the now defunct atomic performance... and why IB exists.
[post=519174]Quoted post[/post]​

Me? I have some pretty heavy opinions about Endyn... probably not what you think either. :)

The pistons are great... but... ... ... :D

Mike. Brian. Elaborate..... :D

I'm glad you guys think the pistons rock, cause I'd have to rip them out if you guys didn't approve. :p Seriously though, everyone mentions something that happened about 5 years ago with Endyn and then trails off, or gets extremely vauge. Am I missing something? :shrug2:

Well.... there's just sooooo much bad blood there that bringing it back up probably isn't a good idea. Endyn/Larry makes decent stuff, but let's just say that I wouldn't send a block to him to build. ImportBuilders/Jeff also makes decent stuff. They're both excellent aftermarket guys. They have their disagreements, but I think they're better left in the past. I know some details, but not all (not many people do), so even if I did say something, I wouldn't have the whole story and would probably mess things up.

http://web.archive.org/web/20010203180600/...ce.com/main.htm

:ph34r:

If I rememebr correctly (this is from 2001...) the jist of the story is this:

Jeff worked for atomic performance.
they were slowy going out of business/moving on to different endevours.

Jeff was contacted by larry @ endyn to come work for him.

he moves from LA to texas to do this whole thing.

when he gets there, he finds out that larry's 20,000 sq foot shop is really a 2-car garage on the side of his house, and from there, the lies that IS/WAS/Who knows/ endyn multiply like flies on shit.

Jeff ended up moving back to cali, and opened up import builders.

to get back at larry in the professional way, he took a wiseco desig piston, enhanced it like larry did with the roller waves, and you have the IB=spec line.

who knows... this is all so 5 years ago, and doesn't really matter.

the fact is, that that supercharger will never be released.

There's a lot more than that, and it's actually still ongoing.... it's a mess.

I don't know or care about the past failed business relationships. But From my understanding the SC From 5 years ago has pattent issues. Thus, no release to market.

For the life of me I do not understand all the bashing that goes on. For me if you want to trash someone give some facts. Vague statements like lots of people have had problems with them.

Problems??????

:) This is like a good book.

That actually made alot of sense, I had heard some bickering about the whole IB spec/Rollerwave similarity. I also know that Jeff is not Larry's #1 fan.

So, what do you guys think of the sc? Whether it's coming out or not, is it possible? 24 psi on a stock block, just over 400 hp? No detonation? If this is possible, why hasn't anyone else come out with something similar? It appears to me that Endyn claims their sc doesn't detonate because of the tuning? Even if the sc makes 300 wheel hp, I think it is worh the money. With proper tuning can you run insane amounts of boost on a Jackson Charger? (stock block)

I like this thread. Let's all learn some shit....

i wouldn't buy it. Just get an M62 and fabricate it to fit. It's really not THAT difficult to make mounts/brackets for it, you just have to be on point so the belt is lined up. Then all it really is, is fuel management and pulley size from there, besides charge pipes.

I wouldn't suggest trying to make your own manifold, but just a plate on the bottom of the charger tapering into an outlet.

Tune away. I wouldn't trust more than 300 hp on any stock B Block.'

Originally posted by abdelsol+Jul 2 2005, 08:41 AM-->
For the life of me I do not understand all the bashing that goes on. For me if you want to trash someone give some facts. Vague statements like lots of people have had problems with them.

Problems??????
[post=519614]Quoted post[/post]​

Do a search on H-T and m24x forums(there's probally more) lotss of people did have problems with him; ranging from Larry never completing customer's blocks to some problems with his products, lack of credibility, etc. etc.

92civicb18b1
@Jul 2 2005, 09:59 AM
i wouldn't buy it. Just get an M62 and fabricate it to fit. It's really not THAT difficult to make mounts/brackets for it, you just have to be on point so the belt is lined up. Then all it really is, is fuel management and pulley size from there, besides charge pipes.

I wouldn't suggest trying to make your own manifold, but just a plate on the bottom of the charger tapering into an outlet.

Tune away. I wouldn't trust more than 300 hp on any stock B Block.'
[post=519627]Quoted post[/post]​

:werd:...but id try something different and just get a M40 and twin charge :D

Originally posted by 92civicb18b1+Jul 2 2005, 09:59 AM-->
i wouldn't buy it. Just get an M62 and fabricate it to fit.
[post=519627]Quoted post[/post]​

K2e2vin
@Jul 2 2005, 10:20 AM
:werd:...but id try something different and just get a M40 and twin charge :D
[post=519637]Quoted post[/post]​

Um, you guys... I never venture into the forced induction forum because I don't know shit really about fi. I'm assuming M62 and twin M40s are superchargers?

I am toying with the idea of supercharging my motor down the road someday. I am running really high compression for boost, but I figure with a thicker headgasket, some light boost and a really good tune, I could see 300 wheel. I know they boost s2000s and ITRs all the time, so I don't see why dropping my cr from 11.6:1 to around 11.2:1 wouldn't alow me to run a small supercharger, right?

Originally posted by abdelsol@Jul 2 2005, 07:41 AM
[post=519614]Quoted post[/post]​

That's exactly it- there's a LOT of personal-level stuff that went down with Larry/Jeff and other people... that's why most of the comments about the old bickering are pretty vague.

Originally posted by sohcslammer@Jul 2 2005, 09:47 AM
:) This is like a good book.

That actually made alot of sense, I had heard some bickering about the whole IB spec/Rollerwave similarity. I also know that Jeff is not Larry's #1 fan.

So, what do you guys think of the sc? Whether it's coming out or not, is it possible? 24 psi on a stock block, just over 400 hp? No detonation? If this is possible, why hasn't anyone else come out with something similar? It appears to me that Endyn claims their sc doesn't detonate because of the tuning? Even if the sc makes 300 wheel hp, I think it is worh the money. With proper tuning can you run insane amounts of boost on a Jackson Charger? (stock block)

I like this thread. Let's all learn some shit....
[post=519623]Quoted post[/post]​

That S/C is a bunch of BS.

I dont care how u slice it - reliably running 24psi from a monster blower like that on any stock honda motor (esp. a B16 w/10.5 compression) is impossible.

Back