4th gen tranny Swap help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Fhadz

O boy ok lets start..

1 year ago i was so excited to get my prelude. she was a beautiful clean
93 2.3l Nonvtec automatic. with 55k on her. not shabby right
well a few weeks ago on my way home from work she overheated something horrible so i took a peed into the rad and to my horror complete muck is the only thing i can call it, so like anyone else i lepted for the opportunity to get the Jdm H22a. witch i did at a reasonable 1.2k for the Engine,Auto trannie and the P13.. well idk what the fuck happend i put everything in the car ran perfect. i took a firends advice and nabed a P28 and had xeno chip it and tune it. vtec was poping at 4.5k rpm beings it was a auto i wanted it lower then 5k+ since it shifts at 6.5 :(. ok so today when i left the shop im tdriveing home and boom the trannie would no go anyware! i mean it would engage for a heart beat follow throughtt 1/2/3 and boom then it was just outof gear like the shift game (the automatic shift cable poped out inside, or so i hope ill know tommorrow.

Anyweay i have made my mind up to get a manual trannie it the bitch. i dont have the bank to jump on the Mpa4 trannie i think it is so im just going to the junk yard and im going to pull me a2.3 trannie and all the assemble. im going to list some parts i would liketo know if i am missing anything

5 Speed Trannie
clutch assemply
shift linkage
manual starter
master cylinder
slave cylinder
petal assembley
5 speed ECU maybe i can use my chiped p28?
manual cluster
OEM shifter
Shift knob
Shift boot

and ther random nuts and bolt..
now this like i found googleing.. but i can not for the life of me find a reference guide for the 4th gen swap.. theres a 5 gen swap guide but no 4th gen info.
has anyone found info on this kinda change?

I would defenitly appriate the advice

Back