$50 for the answer!!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

leonc

AS many of you know I have swapped a b16a sir II into my 94 civic ex using a p30 ecu (virgin). The car runs but not very well. The power is less than my d16z6 even in vtec, it boggs sometimes in first and takes about 5 seconds start accelerating. it also boggs sometimes when accelerating in all the other gears throughout the rpm range. The car has been in the honda shop and another one but nothing was fixed.
This is what i have replaced or checked so far.
1. spark plugs
2. dist. rotor
3. dist cap
4. spark plug wires
5. fuel filter
6. check injectors
7. had a shop check the timing
8. coil
9. ignition module

It feels that it is either get to much air or to much gas.

I used the stock wiring harness because it was already wired for vtec. I extended my o2 senor wires and i ran a wire from the ecu to the knock sensor.

I have on plug (wires: red and yellow/black). I was told that this was for emissions that the jdm motors dont have. I also have two vacuum lines coming from the charcol cylinder on the fire wall wall. One of the lines (thick) goes to the top of the throttle body but i dont know where the other on is suppose to go. I need as much good advice as i can get. I just started working for nasa and i cant drive my buddies car forever due to security issues. I will send $50 to who ever suggests the ANSWER to my problem (via paypal). This will be cheaper than taking it to another shop and have no results.

Thanks guys
Leon

where did you get your motor? sounds like the motor could just be a lemon. do a compression check and tell us what you get across all 4.

if that checks out, find someone with a a/f and run that on your car. make sure that the cpu is having everythign run right. might want to check with a friend and see if their ecu makes your car run better.

i figure, if the engine checks out, then maybe the ecu is crap.

Originally posted by nismogod@Jul 9 2005, 06:37 PM
if that checks out, find someone with a a/f and run that on your car. make sure that the cpu is having everythign run right. might want to check with a friend and see if their ecu makes your car run better.

i figure, if the engine checks out, then maybe the ecu is crap.
[post=523271]Quoted post[/post]​

Agreed. That is my first thought that the ECU has been tampered with even thou you said it was virgin.

I got the motor from hmotorsonline. becuase of there reputation i dont think it is a lemon, but im going to run a compression check tomorro.

What is an A/F?

And I dont have any CEL codes at all. I will check the TPS and the MAP right now.

Thanks for all the replies.

Leon

The TPS and the MAP are correct.

The plug that I cant find where it goes is the Purge Control Solenoid. Does a b16a sir II have this becuase some other guy told me it didnt.

Leon

Originally posted by leonc@Jul 9 2005, 10:54 PM
The TPS and the MAP are correct.

The plug that I cant find where it goes is the Purge Control Solenoid. Does a b16a sir II have this becuase some other guy told me it didnt.

Leon
[post=523384]Quoted post[/post]​

thats the little black thing on the back of your intake manifold on the drivers side

the little vacume line goes to a black round thing and that is where the plug goes the intake mani on the back will have a small vacume line and the one from the emoission can goes to the round black thing and then a 3 inch peice of small vacum line from that to the intake mani.
check that and make sure no vacume leak a/f is aIR FUEL RATIO and should plug into a small sensor towards the front. make sure that no vacume leaks are present and check fuel relay it controls spark and fuel. it is under drivers side of the dash

Originally posted by TWISTEDIMAGE@Jul 10 2005, 01:02 AM
the little vacume line goes to a black round thing

Purge Control Solenoid thats what i am talking about forgot what it was called

and that is where the plug goes the intake mani on the back will have a small vacume line and the one from the emoission can goes to the round black thing and then a 3 inch peice of small vacum line from that to the intake mani.
check that and make sure no vacume leak a/f is aIR FUEL RATIO and should plug into a small sensor towards the front. make sure that no vacume leaks are present and check fuel relay it controls spark and fuel. it is under drivers side of the dash
[post=523388]Quoted post[/post]​

My B16 SirII doesn't have one either, when I took the hose off of the one on my old sohc, I didn't have anywhere to put it on the B's intake manifold.

Ok... so i took it into a performance shop and they messed around with the igntion timing and the idle screw. Nothing worked. Then he got a volt meter out and test the current on the TPS. IT was reading .52

He said that was high and could be the problem. He said it sould be inbetween .4 and .45 at idle.

What do you guys think? How do i adjust it?

Anyways i drove it home after the guy finished looking at it. It ran the same as before for about 5 mintues and then got significantly worse. They didn't set the timing back and the idle screw back to where it was when i took it in.

did you replace the timing belt? If so, your CAM timing may be off. Hell it could have been that way from japan. Take off your timing cover and see if everything is lined up

Originally posted by asmallsol@Jul 11 2005, 11:16 PM
did you replace the timing belt? If so, your CAM timing may be off. Hell it could have been that way from japan. Take off your timing cover and see if everything is lined up
[post=524541]Quoted post[/post]​

That is my guess, since I had the exact same problem.

Back