$7 gas in 2012

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

get_nick

These snozzberries taste like snozzberries...
VIP
So we literally take over the middle east with strong arm tactics and don't reap the fucking benefits. this is the dumbest shit ever. read the VERY bottom of this article. I pulled the article from my work website at smith barney. this drives me crazy. we should have $1.50 gas right now. fuck everybody else, we are at war. "To the victor goes the spoils".

Gasoline could hit $7 a gallon in four years: CIBC
Crude predicted to top $200 by 2012 on tight supplies, pushing gas higher

SAN FRANCISCO (MarketWatch) -- Surging crude prices, which could surpass $200 a barrel in four years on tight supplies, could push gasoline prices to as high as $7 a gallon, CIBC World Markets analysts said Thursday.

Crude supplies are actually lower than some official estimates indicate, while demand is unlikely to fall anytime soon, according to a statement by analysts led by Jeff Rubin at CIBC, an investment bank. They forecast that these tighter supplies and continued strong demand will drive oil and gasoline prices to roughly double their current levels by 2012.
"It is increasingly clear that the outlook for oil supply signals a period of unprecedented scarcity," said Rubin. "Despite the recent record jump in oil prices, oil prices will continue to rise steadily over the next five years."
The front-month crude contract slid Thursday to $116 a barrel, after hitting a historic high of $119.90 a barrel Tuesday. Retail gas prices averaged $3.56 a gallon Thursday, according to AAA, a new record high. See Futures Movers.
Some analysts, however, said crude prices could turn lower. Standard & Poor's predicted Thursday that crude prices could tumble to about $90 a barrel by the end of this year with the U.S. economy struggling in recession, though the range of that forecast is plus or minus $50. See full story.
Overstated estimates
CIBC based its prediction on an analysis of crude-production estimates by the International Energy Agency, which the investment bank says has overstated supplies because the agency counts natural-gas liquids as part of the output. Stripping out natural-gas liquids, the global oil market is much tighter, and oil production will hardly grow, they added.
"While natural-gas liquids only account for 10% of total supply, they account for virtually all of the increase in petroleum-liquids production since 2005," said Rubin in a news release.
"Stripping out natural-gas liquids, oil production has not grown for over two years, which certainly goes a long way to explaining why oil prices have doubled over that period," he added.
The portion of natural-gas liquids in total oil production is increasing, from about 4% in the 1970s to an estimated 10% by 2012, CIBC said. Natural-gas liquids are not a viable substitute for oil and cannot be economically used as a basis for gasoline, diesel or jet fuel.
IEA, a Paris-based energy adviser to 27 developed countries, said in its April monthly report that global oil supply stood at 87.3 million barrels a day in March.
Strong demand
While supplies are seen tight, there is little evidence to suggest that there will be any reduction in oil demand, CIBC predicted, as demand growth outside the Organization of Economic Cooperation and Development offsets slowing demand in OECD countries.
Countries such as Brazil, China and Russia have seen surging sales of automobiles, while car sales in the United States and Europe have been declining or flat. Gasoline, diesel and other transportation fuels account for about half of the world's oil consumption.
CIBC predicted that by 2012, oil consumption in the rest of the world will exceed OECD. OECD countries currently consume about 50 million barrels a day of crude, 13 million barrels a day more than non-OECD countries.
Demand from major oil producers and exporters is also seen rising. Over the last three years, oil consumption in Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries members has grown an average of over 5% a year. Combined demand from OPEC members, together with Russia and Mexico, already stood at about 13 million barrels a day, the world's second largest after the U.S.
"With production faltering, soaring rates of domestic fuel consumption will soon cannibalize export capacity," said Rubin in the report, adding more pressure to the world energy market.
Fuel consumption in some oil producing countries was partly boosted by extremely low prices. Retail gasoline was only about 25 cents a gallon in Venezuela and 60 cents a gallon in Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, and Iran.

yeah. bush and only bush has the entire impact on the entire gas price of the country.

not so much....

we are at war over gas prices and it doesn't do shit for us. I fought, my friends have fought, 4000+ have died for this fucking bullshit. gas was cheaper before the war. it should be cheaper now. i hate this shit. i can't wait for the day that i can leave the fucking country and just start a little bar on a beach somewhere warm and tropical.

i just hope i live long enough to fight in the coming civil war
what civil war?

i don't want to even worry about that shit. i'm so tired of everything that goes on in this country. all the politics, beauracracy, and bullshit. i'm going to be a very bitter man before i'm 30.

you just have to bite the bullet and play ball. i guess i'm just going to buy a civic and get 35-40mpg. no more drifting, no more cruising, no more commuting. i can't afford it anymore. time to find a new hobby.

i just hope i live long enough to fight in the coming civil war
istockphoto_1997299_revolution_graffiti.jpg

the revolution was going to start in jan 2009 nice and civil, but no, america is stupid and nominated mccain :bash:

This thread and the opinions contained within suck so much, it actually hurts.

$7 a gallon gas is something enjoyed NOW by Canada, Italy, and much of Europe.

The US is the ONLY country in the history of the world to conquer another land then lend money to it to rebuild. Germany, Japan, Italy again come to mind. We now see this in the middle east.

Oil and it's prices are affected by instability in the Middle East, but moreso by the fact that the US has within it's reasonable borders 3 "Saudi sized oil fields" that we refuse to tap. As we did with food, we will wait until the commodity becomes such a huge price that we will tap it - And not tap it to save on our own citizens, but tap it to sell it right back to the same countries that supplied it before or fought us on the volatile oil markets - at a premium.

If you were the US (or as you so eloquently put it "fucking bush") would you drill your oil and sell it for cheap, or sell it for a lot ?

gas is high in canada because of taxes.
they have free health care and free college. we don't.

gas keeps going up because our dollar keeps going down.

if you didn't get a 10k a year raise this year, and make a modest 50k salary, you are actually living on less than you did the year before.

i'm putting in for a raise next month myself... or i'm going to start looking for something closer to home.

i stopped working from home back in like october or some shit....
efeectively taking a 4-500/month pay cut (fuel cost)

i don't give a shit what the cost of gas is in canada and germany. they didn't partake in a takeover of an OPEC country. if you have control of something, you should get a fair price on it.

holy shit, you're making THAT ride every day ?!

God bless ya. That's longer than Colorado springs to Denver, and you do it twice a day ? Man, I hope they at least kissed you before raping you like that.

technically, it was a raise... but there was no pay involved in it.

we have a huge client coming in in contract soon... when they sign, i'm putting in for a 15k bump

$4.00 for Memorial day weekend....I'll bet some money on it.

John Titor:[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]In my 2012, I was 14 years old spending most of my time living, running and hiding in the woods and rivers of central Florida. The civil war was in its 7th year[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]

2012-7=2005

looks like the civil war never happened

sorry John, you fail

But I can spell out the future for you and I don't need a time machine

Silverchild's Future Predictions

The cost of energy will shrink the American Middle Class

Cell Phones will be linked to Brain Cancer and kill millions

The Republican Party will continue to move to the middle

China will become a major world power

America's economy will suffer a massive skilled labor shortage closely linked with retiring baby boomers

American Health care industry will lose massive profitability driving away investors and lowering wages within the industry, profits from mortuary services will double in the next 20 years

A labor union will form between many trades as big companies look to secure part time workers they don't have to pay benefits to

[/FONT]

Last edited:
Back