87 Integera engine into 89 CRX Si ???

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

movintons

My friend has a 89 CRX Si with a trashed d16a6 engine. We want to replace it and have found an 87 Integra with a d16a1. Will this be a straight swap or will it work at all? If not what are our best options? He is working with a very thin wallet and needs the car to get to work so this is a consideration.

Sorry if this has been answered before, I did a search and couldn't find the information.

Thanks

B16 or D16? huge diffrence

D16a1 will offer almost no gains from a stock replacement motor and i think it will not be a direct bolt in as that motor bolts into a first gen crx...

thin wallet = stock replacement for 100 bucks

Originally posted by reckedracing@Jan 20 2005, 03:15 PM
B16 or D16? huge diffrence

D16a1 will offer almost no gains from a stock replacement motor and i think it will not be a direct bolt in as that motor bolts into a first gen crx...

thin wallet = stock replacement for 100 bucks
[post=448744]Quoted post[/post]​

oops...

the motor in the CRX is a d16a6...the integra is a d16a1 (twin cam)

I wish I could find a d16a6 for a hundred dollars. Every thing I have found is 600.- 700 dollars.

I found the d16a1 integra motor for 350. but didn't know if it would work.

that motor will not bolt to your trans

look around, people throw those si motors in the garbage cause they aren't worth dick

I have called junk yards in Huntsville, AL and the going price there seems to be in the $500.00 area.

The friend is my girlfriends son and I might get special favors if I help him. LOL

He paid way too much for a car that didn't run. The head gasket was blown and the head is erroded in the water jacket area. Is there anything I can do to salvage the head? Is there another head that I should look for to save his engine?

Any help you can give is appreciated. Sorry, I can't share the special favors I get from his mom.

replace the head gasket and put the head back on...

if you;re worried about warpage then get the head milled...

you can use just about any d series head on this block, if you want performance look into doing a mini-me sohc vtec head swap...
The friend is my girlfriends son and I might get special favors if I help him. LOL

say what?!?!?
Sorry, I can't share the special favors I get from his mom.

thats kind of disturbing
lol

helping her son to get the nookie...
her son must be at least 16, so that makes her what, 35ish?
so i'll just assume that you are either young and just l-l-love the milfs, or are older yourself...

search this forum, or honda-tech, or any other honda variation, you will definately find someone in your area that ripped this motor out to drop in a better one...

you can relap the valves, get the head milled, and replace the valve seals and then it should be just as good as new, and just clean out the water jackets, this should not be a problem...

Originally posted by reckedracing@Jan 20 2005, 05:41 PM
replace the head gasket and put the head back on...

if you;re worried about warpage then get the head milled...

The concern is not warpage...the head is erroded in the area outside of where the sleaves seat. I have never seen this before but would think it was a problem. If you look at the flat side of the head it has trenches erroded into in the area outside and up to the sleave sealing area. normal???

The milf is more like 45 but she is a hottie. :eek:

now what do you get if this son of hers crashes the car? that a def no play. i wouldnt go in to prefornance

Originally posted by PhyRe@Jan 20 2005, 06:33 PM
now what do you get if this son of hers crashes the car? that a def no play. i wouldnt go in to prefornance
[post=448836]Quoted post[/post]​

This has already happened before with her motorcycle. Then I am the shoulder to cry on. LOL

The milf is more like 45 but she is a hottie.

so how old are you?
you gonna post some pics up?

and the erroded area goes all the way to where the head meets the sleeve??
if so and its obvious the head will not seal with the block correctly then you can;t use it of course... but i have never seen that...

can you post a pic of the head?

Back