87 Si looking to do H22 swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Honda 87SI

I am in the process of trying to figure out the major set backs that i may come across trying to do thiss swap.....my first concern is how wide the h22 really is ....if someone could give me approxiamate dimensions on the H22 that would be greatly appreciated.........and any other info that you may have to share is also welcome.....thanks guys

uhm...
hasport just came out with the H22 into 88-91...
i think you're gonna have one hell of a time trying to do the H22 into an 87
hasport.com has the b series mounts
Hasport Billet Mounts

whats your budget?
check out the first gen crx FAQ
basically the same chassis
https://hondaswap.com/swap-articles/1st-gen-crx-faq-s-29108/

the easiest swap for your car would be the 86-87 brown top D16A1 dohc motor from an integra
about 25 HP increase, cheap if you can find a whole donor car
requires trans, axles, spindles along with larger brakes
88-89 black top motor is similar but not vacuum advanced like your car

i have an 86 CRX si with the D16A1, i'm quite happy with it

Probably not as bad of a time as me. I am trying to convert my 88 crx si to a rear wheel drive and plant a NSX for the heart of this beast. Everyone is give me crap on how it won't but i gonna show them. Good Luck with your swap bro.

The H22 engine and tranny won't fit in the 1g engine bay...period

You'd have the cut the unibody from the fireawall forward and make a tube chassis...thats really the only way I see to get one in, and at that point you might as well as do a K swap

also, I'd make friends with someone who can make some seriously custom axles and suspension parts

Thanks guys.....any more measurements as close as possible to actual specs of the H22 would be great.....the car will be parked for winter and thats when i am planning on trying to figure out what all major changes will need to be made.....and thank you for once no one is hatin on the idea.....give it time im sure it will happen

hey i wanna do a ls integra swap into my 85 si any advice on what i need

Thanks guys.....any more measurements as close as possible to actual specs of the H22 would be great.....the car will be parked for winter and thats when i am planning on trying to figure out what all major changes will need to be made.....and thank you for once no one is hatin on the idea.....give it time im sure it will happen
if you're still looking into this i suggest you buy a wrecked f22 accord for cheap so you have a motor with the same measurments to use as a guide
mounts are pretty much the same for f and h series

hey i wanna do a ls integra swap into my 85 si any advice on what i need
hasport.com read their instruction sheet to get a general idea

Theres a company that makes a transmission adapter for the H22 to use the CG transmission off the 86-89 integra (which bolts right into these cars). I could imagine this making it much easier to fit one of these motors into this car. On top of that you dont have to deal with finding custom axles.

sorry to say but forget it its a nightmare. if u insist on doing it cut the whole front end off the crx go with a tube chassis. look to spend as much money as it would cost as to buy the prelude with the h22

Back