89 crx dx jdm d15b swap limp mode help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

purplepearldx

Ok so i put a jdm d15b in my crx dx. I did the dpfi to mpfi swap and am using a obd0-obd1 jumperharness with a virgin p28. I hardwired vtec, and the iacv. the car starts and runs but doesnt rev past 4000rpm. Ive swapped 3 dizzys into the car, and two diff p28s. Also tripple checked dizzy wiring everythings fine, i have all grounds hooked up, thermostat ground is tight. This thing has me stummped, ecu is giving a code 19 auto transaxle its a 5spd car, auto ecu. Never had a problem running a auto ecu before, but im worried that i have no o2 sensors wired and its not throwing a code. I hardwired the IACV and vtec wires.. still no difference. any ideas?

i have all vacuum lines plugged in properly, also tryed running the engine with vacuum lines unpplugged. I did a full wiretuck but the only thing i really had to mess with was the dpfi-mpfi swap but i pulled the dash back out last night, gonna go through with a multi meter and see if i cant get this thing fixed, everything was soldered and shrink wrapped

open the ecu and clip rp18 and rp17 out and go to radio shack and get a 0 ohm resiter and solder it to rp18 place. that will get rid of the nuetral switch on the auto ecu and convert it to a 5spd ecu

all fixed.. so i got sick of messing with this car, so i tore everything apart and started checking all the wiring with multi meter. I came across the the dpfi to mpfi write up i used and double checked everythng, realizing that the chart read. Inj1. Inj.2 Inj.3 Inj.4 and didnt realize that i had wired the injectors like this.. Meaning they were backwards, As The dizzy side counts inj.4, inj.3 ect.. Thanks for the advice and how to convert that ecu to 5spd!

Back