89 prelude swap to a H22a

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

compcrusher

Hi every one I'm a new-guy to the whole "Import" scene and i'm used to working on american cars so any help would be appreciated.

Any way I have an 1989 Prelude, 2.0si, 4WS with a B20A5 motor and a hydrolic Trannsmission. I have been doing some research on what I can put into it as a replacement and the H22A comes up to be the most I hear about. I waould like to find a "swap-kit" for this if at all possible to make things a little more simple and the fact that I have never modified a set of motor mounts beforeand don't really want too. If anybody knows anything on this swap or has ever made this swap PLEASE let me know.

:feedback:

h22a.org has alot of stuff. i know on my 90 accord yoou can use the stock mounts but the driver side one. but i don't know about your car check out that site it should help www.h22a.org
peace~

Originally posted by rudeludenotmeanthough@Nov 11 2003, 12:43 AM
Placeracing.com...

they sell kits to do this swap. its kinda expensive, but well worth it in the end.

:werd: The H22A is not a drop in motor for that car, but there are kits.

The h22a swap is a very hard one right now... only a handful have done it. It costs around $6k-7k to do, and it will take about half a year. The PRI mounts are wrong, and do not fit... so you need to get them rewelded. Then you needa get custom axles, and hope they fit. Then you needa rewire it for the OBD-1 motor, plus the normal stuff a swap needs. Smaller things with the tranny needa be done also. Overall, it's a cool swap, but for the money, I would not do it personally unless someone gets correct mounts and axles.

better off building the b20a5 for turbo,I have a 89 lxi accord and wanted a h22 but its a ton of work in either car

Back