90 CRX

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

brian11to1

s407352f013893.jpg

s407352dfde2cb.jpg

s407352fc35b84.jpg

s4073531f57e60.jpg

s4073532acaa44.jpg

s407352cb07545.jpg

Yep that's it. My new car, 117K miles CRX DX Auto. Got the DX and Auto part covered. Just need some front end pieces. Plans are:

Convert to MPFI and Manual...
Find an 87-89 Integra for the engine...
Buy the SIR CRX front conversion...
Boost the shit out of it...
Plug all the trim holes on the side...
Get the exhuast fixed...
Tokico Illumina's and Rota Circuit 8's 15x6.5"

Thats about it!

hey
i've done the D16 twin cam into a first gen crx, but did not know they will go into a second gen... i thought all the mounts are diffrent?

please advise...?

sorry, let me clarify
lol

i;m just curious if the DOHC D16 can go in those cars cause i have a 91 hatch that i;m contemplating a swap on...

I dotn know what other cars do the dohc D series come from? Hmmm time to search eh? Ill do it later and post my findings.

they only come from the 86 to 89 integra

86 has 113 hp, and 89 has 118... higher domed pistons and lighter rods make for the 5 hp diffrence...

but i'm pretty sure you can't put this motor in your crx...
sorry to burst your bubble...

good luck with the boost man

the DOHC D also came stock in JDM first gen crx's

i think the ZC is a D series block. so maybe you can do this swap if you get a newer generation DOHC D?

anyone know the mount diffrences between a D15 sohc and a ZC, and a DOHC teg motor?

I thought that almost all the integra engines were B18, even the older ones. But maybe I am wrong.... :hmm:

Back to the topic.......
:thumbsup: Cool car man, needs some work but what car doesnt??

90 and up were B series, either the B18, or the b16(jdm only i think)

oh, and the B17 90-93 GSR motors

and the UBER cool integras came with H22's, oh wait thats just my 95 swap victim :)

Originally posted by SpodaB1@Apr 7 2004, 09:20 AM
86-89 Had DOHC D series
90-93 had B18A1's
94-01 have B18B1's and C1's and C5's

You could be right. I dont know anybody with an 86-89 integra. I just start thinking of integra's from 90-01.

DOHC D series doesnt sound all that good. I bet the B18A's are way better.

Do you guys know the specs of the DOHC D series?

read up mang

86 and 87 had 113 and 99 ft lbs of torque
88 and 89 had 118 and maybe 101 of torque, check the engine list in refrence section

and the b18a came with 130 hp, b18b had 140 i think...

i have the 86-87 in my first gen crx... and its fast, but i would recommned B series to anyone with a 88-91 civic or crx, more torque and more parts available...

Damn those DOHC D series motors aren't all that great like I thought.....they're probably cheap though and faster than the all mighty CRX single cam 8 valve like most of them have :lol:

I would recommend H22 to anybody, if they asked my advice. H22 ownz!

Originally posted by reckedracing@Apr 7 2004, 12:26 PM
and the b18a came with 130 hp, b18b had 140 i think...

This is where you are wrong my friend. 90-91 B18A1's have 130HP, 92-93 B18A1's have 140HP, B18B1's have 145HP. Not to mention the B17A1 <<<VTEC (USDM motor only) had around 160HP I think.

dude chill, i said i think

i'm not a stats sheet for honda motors... look on the engine list if you're that hardcore about the HP numbers... jeez :)

and the 94 and 95 b18's had 142 hp, so there :p

i have always been told that the DOHC D-Series was pretty much the same engine as a DOHC ZC. And everyone on here says that a ZC is a direct swap into a 4th Gen Civic or a CRX.

Originally posted by reckedracing@Apr 7 2004, 12:46 PM
dude chill, i said i think

i'm not a stats sheet for honda motors... look on the engine list if you're that hardcore about the HP numbers... jeez :)

and the 94 and 95 b18's had 142 hp, so there :p

I hate ya, ya stank...

ONLY KIDDING dont warn me.

^^^^ and its nice to see people that can "banter" back and forth and both not take offense, and accept when they are wrong and corrected...
and thanks for correcting my B series specs too by the way...

yea, the ZC is suspossed to be a D series block, but its just tuned like a mofo, and i'm guessng port and polished head from the factory? and higher compression ratio... NOT SURE ABOUT ANY OF THIS, JUST MY THEORIES...

but then again, some people consider SOHC vtec's to be ZC's, which i suppose is the "correct" honda term, but i still think only the 140 HP D should be considered a ZC, since ZC is honda's designation for its "top rated" motor :D

:worthy: AND I'M ONLY KIDDING TOO, DON'T WARN ME EITHER :worthy:

Originally posted by reckedracing@Apr 7 2004, 12:53 PM
^^^^ and its nice to see people that can "banter" back and forth and both not take offense, and accept when they are wrong and corrected...

yea, the ZC is suspossed to be a D series block, but its just tuned like a mofo, and i'm guessng port and polished head from the factory? and higher compression ratio... NOT SURE ABOUT ANY OF THIS, JUST MY THEORIES...

but then again, some people consider SOHC vtec's to be ZC's, which i suppose is the "correct" honda term, but i still think only the 140 HP D should be considered a ZC, since ZC is honda's designation for its "top rated" motor :D

so will the integra motor fit or not?

Originally posted by reckedracing@Apr 7 2004, 12:53 PM

I Wasnt trying to fight or anything. I was joking, please tell me you took that as a joke.

i think the 86 to 89 motor WILL NOT fit without modifications... because it does bolt straight into a first gen crx... and first and second gen crx's are not interchangeable...

sorry man, best of luck

and someone please correct me if i am wrong

yea, i took it as a joke :)
the
was meant for you.... :)

no harm no foul, and no offense intended or taken

Back