90 HB Std only starts on inclines

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

blackice90HB

my one stock 90 Hb wont start on level ground. it throws that stupid code 16 for a faulty fuel system, but me and my dad managed to pop start it one day and moved it up the hill in our driveway. it started up perfectly evry time up hill, but one day last week I moved it back down hill and it shut off and started throwing the code 16 again. its not the fuel pump or the injectors, so im thinking is the fuel filter? how hard is it to get these out on EF hatches? i dont have a manual yet, plan on picking up on soon.

Originally posted by blackice90HB@Aug 24 2005, 04:13 PM
my one stock 90 Hb wont start on level ground. it throws that stupid code 16 for a faulty fuel system, but me and my dad managed to pop start it one day and moved it up the hill in our driveway. it started up perfectly evry time up hill, but one day last week I moved it back down hill and it shut off and started throwing the code 16 again. its not the fuel pump or the injectors, so im thinking is the fuel filter? how hard is it to get these out on EF hatches? i dont have a manual yet, plan on picking up on soon.
[post=544733]Quoted post[/post]​

my guess would be that you have a loose wire at the fuel pump so when it's at an incline, gravity pulls it away from it's contact point. try filling it up with gas and throw in a bottle of water remover.

Back