91 Accord Progress

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

94H_Ex

Under employed
Ok. So if some of you payed any attention, then you know a couple of months ago I tried to sell a 91 Accord for some quick dough. well, no one bought. So I got the parts to fix it.. and fixed it. Put a new engine in it and everything. Runs great. and only one CEL code after the swap. I'm going to check on what it is in a minute.
I put some 16"s I had on my civic onto the accord, and it look great. but then I had to take them back off so i can move the civic around. I'll post pics when i find my camera again..

91 Honda Accord.
2 door, 5 speed, sun roof, lowered (idk how much).

Engine up grades:
AEM Cold Air Intake
DC Sports Header
Unknown 2 1/2 Cat back exhaust.

Here's how I found.

SANY0058.jpg

SANY0059.jpg

Now. After some work. (I know the body still looks the same)

Now with some sexy 16"s

SANY1069.jpg

SANY1071.jpg

Last edited:
Bump. Pics have been loaded ^^^^^^^^

Oh and luis. I no longer technically own the civic. I gave this accord to my little bro as a gift. But after almost a year of him not working on it. i took it and fixed it up, then i fell for it. So i traded him the civic as is. (engine is still dis assembled and needs paint and still some body work left over.) so. the plan for this one is H22. XD

Edit.
just found out what the CEL is about. Primary Heated O2 sensor malfunction. So. probably just needs the O2 sensor to be replaced :D

Last edited:
More Pics :D

Not much of an update.
When I first got the car going I realized the speedometer didnt work. It was all the around and pointing straight down. At first I thought it was bad and was going to have to be on the looks for a new cluster. Then tonight, it just woke up and started working right. Which makes me happy because thats less money i have to spend :D yaaaay

Last edited:
<3 Cb7s, I'm in for updates. Also, I really happen to like the stock 92-93 EX rims (polished to mirror they are sexy, even if they are only 15s). Though, it looked like you had a prelude wheel, a steelie, and a 90-91 ex wheel on it (idk what the driver's front is I can't see it)

i think.. . whoa wait a minute... what part of florida do you live in?

South Florida, in a little town called Clewiston.

<3 Cb7s, I'm in for updates. Also, I really happen to like the stock 92-93 EX rims (polished to mirror they are sexy, even if they are only 15s). Though, it looked like you had a prelude wheel, a steelie, and a 90-91 ex wheel on it (idk what the driver's front is I can't see it)

2 prelude rims, a stockie, and 1 ex. only because at the time those had good tires, I have the full set of ex rims. I just really dont care for them... at all... To me, their ugly. o_O

Oh well then thats too far to go for a car lol.. I was interested in buying it but i looked it up and thats like 320 miles and 5 hours driving. hell with that

2 prelude rims, a stockie, and 1 ex. only because at the time those had good tires, I have the full set of ex rims. I just really dont care for them... at all... To me, their ugly. o_O

It's cool man, I was just throwing that out there^^/.

So, The plan with this car is either the H22a swap with some mods, or a boosted f22. I'm really thinking on the boosted part being this will be my first boosted anything and I want to learn more about boost. Plus the fact that the F22 is already a low compression motor with its 8.8:1 compression. Thinking about it while I'm writing this, I might go with boost instead. Anyone got any F22 turbo parts for sale?

Update

So, I'm not financially set up to do the engine work I want to do. But the shop that I work for has the paint I want, and their giving it to me for free. So this week I'm prepping for paint I have almost everything I need, the reducer, gallon of red primer, and half a gallon of Flat Black. As well as the Clear, all I need is the hardener for the clear, and some sand paper as well as the time and work. So soon you'll see some updated pics of the newly painted CB7.:D

If I find some more colors, I might even paint the civic. :ph34r:

This sucks, that "tap" that you can hear in the vids ^^^^ is actually a spun rod bearing that I never checked for. And being at the time I thought it was coming from the head, turns out it was coming from the crank, and it screwed the crank and the rod up. So now im going to check the other block that i have out and look for all the signs and make sure I dont screw up on this crap again.

This sucks, that "tap" that you can hear in the vids ^^^^ is actually a spun rod bearing that I never checked for. And being at the time I thought it was coming from the head, turns out it was coming from the crank, and it screwed the crank and the rod up. So now im going to check the other block that i have out and look for all the signs and make sure I dont screw up on this crap again.
H22A TIME!!! :ph34r:

How much did you buy the car for? Looks like an alright project. :thumbsup:

500 for the car, about 60 for a block and head, 100 for head gasket set. total of 660 dollars in the car.

H22 is what I'm thinking as well. its hard to find those bastards for cheap when you have the car. but if I sold this car and went back to a civic, h22's would come crawling out the ass..

That's the way it always seems to work. You can never find something until you don't need it anymore.

The way of the world -_-

Im not going to give up on this one though. I really do like it. I might just stay patient and decide the way i really want to go, turbo'd F22 with a H23 head.

Back