91 prelude 4ws h22a - 2012 body mods *done*

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ben_deez

i made the wing from wood, aluminum, carbon fiber, and a hell of alot of cuss words.. the wing was damn near as challenging as the motor swap was....

the paint color i came up with is black oil enamel with just a hint of baby blue added... the base coat is what you see on the wheels... the clear coat i sprayed is a two part polyurethane clear that is for aircraft.. everything i used i found laying around in my stepdads shop... he used to build kit planes, so there was a lot of extras at my disposal.. especially aluminum scraps... i spent probably 40 bucks cash just for sand paper and what-not.., but everything else was materials just laying around... i sprayed everything with a $15 harbor freight cup gun, and sprayed it outdoors in a covered area... i had to time it just right.. I soaked the ground around my car the night before i sprayed, and shot clear coat in the morning before all the airborne dust and shit was present... alot of work... im glad its done

i cut out stencils for the dohc vtec decals and it turned out pretty good.... i think i'm going to make a nice "prelude" and "H" decal for the front and back today....

as for the headlights mod, i basically cut part of the hood off, and welded it to the headlight cover.... then welded all the seams solid and formed the shape of the hood with a hammer... primitive but effective...

l.jpg

l.jpg

l.jpg

l.jpg

l.jpg

l.jpg

l.jpg

l.jpg

l.jpg

l.jpg

l.jpg

l.jpg

l.jpg

l.jpg

l.jpg

l.jpg

i like the car a lot! the wing looks good on there. any engine bay shots? getting a h22 to fit must have been fun.

Back