92 civic/DX/HB auto to manual

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

here2chill

I am looking into a 92 HB DX auto, mainly for it's body condition and maintenence record. But it's auto :blink: , when i swap in the motor of my choice I am swapping a b18b/b16c5, hydro trans, axels, harness, and ecu... ontop of that i am adding a shortshifter... what else would I have to do? would it alter my swap to be on an auto chassis? eg. diff mounts?

You will need a custom tranny mount. you will not have to cut a hole in the area between the front seats (the shifter will fit in the automatic shifter hole), but you will need to drill holes for the shift linkage to bolt up.

i don't want to be a dick but it better if you buy a stick i know its a pain to find then but waiting a little is better then suffering alot

Actually, its no big deal. If you buy the complete swap you have all you need. Except for the clutch pedal, clutch master cylinder, and clutch lines, and shifter. You will need that transmission mount though. I did an auto to manual swap a couple of weeks ago. Definitely worth it. :thumbsup:
If you need any info just PM me.

I'd wait to find a car that is already a manual. Trust me...you will always find another. And the little bit of savings that you would get from the auto car will get eaten up and thrown back in your face for the conversion. Keep it simple stupid always worked for me. ;)

Back