92 CX Exhaust

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jdmeg6

Ok, so I have been seeing that all these places that I want to buy my DC SP2 Exhaust from are saying that the exhaust fits all hatchback models except for the CX, which of course is what I have. My question is why don't these fit like on the other hatchbacks of the same generation and what kind of mods would need to be done to make it fit :shrug2:. If anyone has had to go through this and successfully installed the DC system or another type of exhaust system that was claimed not to fit the CX please tell me what had to be done. Thank you all in advance :worthy:

99% of aftermarket catbacks are made to fit cars that have the catalytic converter at the end of the exhaust manifold. The VX/CX have it right off the head. The reason they don't fit is because if you put one on, it is going to leave a space where the cat should be. One solution is to get say an Si exhaust, and run a test pipe in place of where it wants a cat.

Back