92 si + b20+b18b head

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

98integrals

ok, first off you are prolly wondering why im not doing going b20 vtec. $. ive got a b18a head that i can get for dirt cheap and am planning on sending that into a machine shop for some p&p action asap.

so, what wiring issues will i have as far as not having vtec in an si hatch?

btw, project car is a 92 hatch si w/60k miles on body, minor driver side damage(and the usual rust spot).rolling chassis only.

im sure i will have many many many more q's.

plan

b20 non vtec w/ crower 403/404 cams, also will prolly be bringing the compression up..

or if i cant get a b20 cheap and i find a b18a/b, then im going LSi in the hatch with the same head setup as above.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Aug 27 2003, 12:09 AM
b18b and b20b/z heads are identical.

i know ;) thats why i want a shortblock.

the reason im not getting a full b20 was cause i was originally planning on doing an LSi w/cams to the teg and found a head for it so i could still drive it while i sent the head in for machine work. but... then the hatch showed up for dirt cheap and i decided that displacement would be nice to have.

you might as well though.

it will save you a buttload of wiring problems cuz its obd2, and you can sell your LS head for the same you could a b20 head... and its probably cheaper to buy both

it will save you a buttload of wiring problems cuz its obd2, and you can sell your LS head for the same you could a b20 head... and its probably cheaper to buy both

i assume you mean the b18a head vs the b20 block?
or do you mean a vtec head vs a b18a/b head?

if you ment the fisrt...

true.

if u mean vtec head-
im gonna stick with the non vtec head cause after p&p+cams etc etc it will be as good if not better than a vtec head. oh no.. i will have a rough idle :roll:. all vtec is is a more agressive cam(correct me if im wrong). why do i need it if im plan to be running a very agressive cam? i dont. it will just be A......(;) thanks)LOT more money for a head.

s3f4e72986dde0.jpg

VTEC is only fuel economy down low and high lift up high, like a balance.

Get a decent tranny for your setup, i recommend a GSR or more a more nasty gearing go with the JDM itr unit/SiR/usdm R unit.

Milan

Back