94 accord lx engine swap....im new and in a bind

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

flapjackcharlie

Hi, my name is Ray I'm new here and in a major bind. I am doing some charity work for a single mother with a disabled child. Both have auto trans.I need to know if a 94 accord lx 2.2 will accept a 91 accord lx engine? Is the tranny bolt patterns the same and is the intake manifold bolt patterns the same? The sticker under the hood of the 94 has RHN2.2VJGFFA and the 91 has MHN2.2V5FNF1 I don't know if that info will help at all. I understand that the 91 is obd-0 and the 94 is obd-1. I know that its usually easier to put new into old and harder to put old into new. But if this is possible any hints,tips, help will be greatly appreciated.

Boy I think I definitely stepped in a big pile this time, I know an engine from another 94 would be best but I can only give my time I don't have the $$$

thanks to anyone for any help

Wow awesome forum. Thanks for the help. Anyway I have both engines out today and am almost done swapping the parts I need to. Tomorrow I will slapp the 91 engine in the 94......some moderator or admin may as well close this thread as dead or whatever

Sorry that no one was available to help you man. Sometimes things just get a little slow or we just don't happen to have any good answers. Anyway, this should be fairly straightforward. Use the wiring harness, distributor, injectors, and O2 sensor from the 94. I'm pretty sure the OBD0 alternator will still work...

Back