94 accord revving trouble

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

tcraig1

I know that i have a leaky radiator but can I do something to stop the constant revving??

I start my car, it revs up to about 2000 then immediately drops to about 1000 then back and forth again. I am pretty sure that it is the air that has gotten in the coolant system from the leaky radiator. I was told to unplug the IAC valve but then I read about another valve or sensor that detects temp change in the coolant. Could I unplug one of those sensor/valves to stop the revving and if so which one would be the best bet?

im having the same exact problem as you are and i replaced my IAC 3 times and nothing changed so i researched for weeks and weeks and there is a sensor on the bottom of the throttle body called the fast idle thermo valve FITV the only way to get this part is from honda (VERY VERY PRICY) or a car being parted out ie. junkyard this sensor has the anitfreeze hoses going to it youll need to take the throttle body totally off and its right underneath it theres 3 bolts anyways i replaced it with one i got from the junkyard and my car idles perfect now hot or cold it idles fine GOOD LUCK!!

The fitv is usually easily repairable. What happens is that the valve comes unthreaded from its plastic housing over time, making the valve always be open. To fix it, get access to the fitv by removing the throttle body. There is a little metal cover on the valve. Remove it, and you should see the valve sitting in there loosely. Thread it back into the housing, reassemble, and call it a day. I've had this happen twice on my car.

I know that i have a leaky radiator but can I do something to stop the constant revving??

yea... Replace your radiator!

Low coolant will make it rev up and down. Plus its a problem you don't want to ignore.

You can find a brand new radiator for 100 bucks and it will fix both problems.

Last edited:
well in the 90-93 accords they have on the intake manafole if your looking at it on the right side there is a idle thing i forgot wut itds called but there is this cap with 2 screws holding it down take that cap off and press down the center of it and if it stops screw the white washer thing down till it stops that should do the trick or u just have an air bubble in your radiator or head someware....

well in the 90-93 accords they have on the intake manafole if your looking at it on the right side there is a idle thing i forgot wut itds called but there is this cap with 2 screws holding it down take that cap off and press down the center of it and if it stops screw the white washer thing down till it stops that should do the trick or u just have an air bubble in your radiator or head someware....
i think its called the air mass flow sensor

Please check the dates before you post.

This thread hasn't been posted in, in a month and a half

Back