94 civic ex door locks

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

rkwoos12

hey guys im am about to install a window regulator in my driver door and while i have the door panel off i was wanting to know about the locks, idk if this is normal or not so please help me out, so heres my problem when my door is open i can lock the door by pushin in the lock i have to shut the door stick my key in and then lock it and my key is stuburn at times and its like this on both doors drive and passager if you know what could cause this or if this is normal please let me know asap wanting to get started on the window regulator as soon as possible.

on 95% of hondas the driver door will only lock with the key so if you push it locked then shut the door it will just go to the unlocked position again. you have to use your key. this keeps people from locking there keys up so much

oh ok cause this is my first honda and never know of any car that did this thanks alot for your help. i do have an alram system but sucks cause i only have one remote for the thing.

on 95% of hondas the driver door will only lock with the key so if you push it locked then shut the door it will just go to the unlocked position again. you have to use your key. this keeps people from locking there keys up so much

have you tried just holding your inside handle open while locking with the button? that should lock all you doors at once. its not that your lock it busted, its just how the system is set up.

Back