95 civic coupe auto to b18. manual

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

12rbust

Ok here we go...
I finally saved up the money to do my swap.
I have a ton of questions I keep searching but I keep getting overwhelmed with all the mixed info.
I found a complete swap from hmotorsonline. Right now the car is auto I thought about just getting a manual to start but the car is mint. I have found many manuals but they are rotted out, so I'm sticking with this one. I already have most of the stuff for the auto to manual swap.
I'm trying to have everything here so when I do the swap its as smooth as possible. My questions are as follows

Mounts- the b18 comes with mounts, will they work with my chasis?( I know I need the trans mount)

Axles- the swap comes with axles but will they fit into my stock spindles

Wiring harness- the swap comes with the harness but do I need to modify it al all?

Shift linkage- the swap comes with it will it bolt up to a 95 shifter?

I am a technician but I have never done a swap before, this is going to be a project for my son and I. Its going to be a track car so I'm not worried about emissions.

The swap also comes with a ecu but I'm not sure which one it is,is there one I should be looking for?

Thanks in advance for all the help

I guess I can get the ball rolling, I don't have all the answers, but a few.

The motor mounts will work. As far as the trans mount goes, Hasport actually makes a mount for a auto to manual conversion. Otherwise you'd have to actually change out the chassis side of the trans mount, or fabricate something to work.

I assume you got a b18B (hydro trans) and not a B18A (cable trans)so those axles from the swap are what you want.

Again, I assume you got a OBD1 B18B and the corresponding harness, so it should plug right in. I'm 90% sure on this. The trim of the civic and the fact that it was an auto might come into play, but I don't think so. You may have to modify lengths of a few wires if it is a JDM harness, but all the plugs will still be the same.

The shift linkage that came with the swap is correct for the swap.

The ECU will work just fine, again, assuming it is an OBD1 swap.

I guess I did have all the answers. To the best of my knowledge, what I wrote here is correct. I'm confident enough that if it was my car, I would start tearing it all down.

Do yourself a favor, DO NOT CHEAP OUT ON THE EBAY auto to manual bracket... I bought it.. Didn't work... Was a out two inches off...Had to fab up something last minute... The very thing i was trying to avoid... Buy the hasport one!!!

Cool thanks for the answers. Couple more questions, does the wire harness plug in @ the shock tower, if so will I need a conversion plug for the ecu I'm going obd1. Will my radiator work or do I need a full size? I obviously need to get a exhaust system will a cat back system for my chassis work with the swap or do i need to purchase a header. Thanks again for your help.

Thanks for the info about the trans mount hasport it is!

we'll finally got the car up and running about two months ago, car is running great I finally got to get it to the track and after working on a couple things I got it to run a 13.85 @99 with a 2.0 60ft. any input on how to shave a little more off? it's pretty stripped down I'm running a 205 drag radial traction bars header n full exhaust and short ram. the car weighs 2150. thanks

Back