95 odb1 F22b2 non Vtec to Vtec questions

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Brandon Kath

So First off hello I'm Brandon I'm new to this forum and found this site through the power of searching the hell out a couple questions I have on my current situation:

So this is swap was not planned and is going down completely by accident. I sent my old man to pick up a motor for my lx while I was at work cause I threw a rod on my last engine. Guy labeled it as an Lx so I told my dad it was a go, only to read the big VTEC on the valve cover when I got home.. S**T!!! was the best words I came up with.

(MY CAR: 1995 Honda Accord LX 4 DOOR 5 SPEED) ODB1
(ENGINE IS FROM: 1995 Honda Accord EX)
2.2L
QUESTIONS I HAVE

#1: Okay. So I've read I need to get the ECU out of an EX. Now I understand this ECU has to come out of a 5spd as well, but does it have to also be a four door? (Junk Yard buy)

#2: I know my Non vtec runs an external coil where the vtec runs an internal and a couple of other things are different with the dizzy, but the connectors (two connectors, a 2 pin connector, and a 8 pin connector) are the same between my LX and the EX dizzy, meaning they will plug rite into eachother as OE. Now logic would say that with the EX ecu this should be fine. But after raping the search button on a few forums I've read To splice the wiring or by an EX harness.. Am I right that I can plug it directly in?

#3 (most complicated to me) I'm running the LX harness and EX ECU by this step, now how in the F**k do I wire in the Vtec? As vague as this last question is I'm sure you can see how in the dark I am on this. I've read I can somehow do It but never really found a description on how

Any help would be awesome to me!! I know alot of people on here prolly will laugh at this, I use to be on a forum for my other car and can remember guys like me showing up on there haha, but I'm up s**t creek right now and you guys are the only resource I know to through me a paddle haha

I believe you will be able to use the LX harness with the EX ECU, and the only thing you will have to do is wire in the VTEC lines. Something that can be easy if you know what you are doing, or a pain in the ass if you don't. I'll see if I can come up with a few diagrams to help you out.

Back