96 accord with 97 prelude swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

C Rob

First i want to say i am brand new to forums so if I do this wrong, sorry, ill catch on soon enough.

I own a 96 accord ex auto and I've acquired a 97 prelude with an H22a4 SH and its a manual.
The prelude is a complete car mechanically.
My hopes are to use the motor and trans, as well as all of the five lug set up.
I'm mainly worried about some of what I've read about the whole "immobilizer" thing and the whole "SH" part of this motor. Because I have a complete prelude can i use everything off of it to make this work?

Any help is HIGHLY appreciated. Thx!

First i want to say i am brand new to forums so if I do this wrong, sorry, ill catch on soon enough.

I own a 96 accord ex auto and I've acquired a 97 prelude with an H22a4 SH and its a manual.
The prelude is a complete car mechanically.
My hopes are to use the motor and trans, as well as all of the five lug set up.
I'm mainly worried about some of what I've read about the whole "immobilizer" thing and the whole "SH" part of this motor. Because I have a complete prelude can i use everything off of it to make this work?

Any help is HIGHLY appreciated. Thx!

if the lude is a complete car , why butcher it to throw its guts in a automatic accord thats worth less than a clean lude

The prelude is complete mechanically as I stated. The body is trashed and all the interior is gone other than dash and steering..

The prelude is complete mechanically as I stated. The body is trashed and all the interior is gone other than dash and steering..

racecar it, still all day every day worth more than accord , and allready h22 and 5 speed.... if it aint broke

racecar it, still all day every day worth more than accord , and allready h22 and 5 speed.... if it aint broke

Maybe he doesn't want a race car? Maybe he wants a nice, daily driver sedan with an engine swap to make the commute a bit more fun?

Not everyone wants to drive a stripped out, POS-looking car as a daily...

Maybe he doesn't want a race car? Maybe he wants a nice, daily driver sedan with an engine swap to make the commute a bit more fun?

Not everyone wants to drive a stripped out, POS-looking car as a daily...

^that. My project is uncomfortable and is bordering on unsafe in some people's eyes. Hence why I have my daily/road tripper.

You guys r right. It is my daily driver. Plus it shouldn't matter if I want to put it in mini van. If you don't want to help on my ideas than find another post to comment in.

thank you!!!!!

well if you want to go that route, I understand, if IIRC h22 into any f block accords to h22 is a walk in the park, im pretty sure they even use the same mounts, soo should be a pretty straight forward swap, I dont know how much of a difference between the automatic and manual engine/dash harnesses are (never owned a automatic car) since the cars are the same obd generation id be leaning twards the harnesses probably can swap over , idk if pedal assembly swaps over or not eitehr

Hey guys I know this post is pretty old but I have the same question about my build Ihave a 96 accord vti f22b1 and iv aquired a 97 lude with a h22a4 manual mint body it just had a slight crash to the front left of the car no damage to the engine exept the radiator now I love everything about the prelude exept the stupid front lights of it and I want to do this conversion . My accord is manual aswel and im wondering ?

Can u use the stock mounts?

Is there much wireing to mess around with?

If I take the preludes ecu will everything be good when I drop the engine In?

Is there anything major I have to worry about?

Any advice will be greatly appreciated thanks guys I hope theres still people here to help:)

Back