96 B18B1

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

korey

Does anyone have any opinions on any good lightweight flywheels? Brands, pros, cons, etc. Let me know, thanx.

sorry my bad. (96 B18B1). If it is all motor, I recommend staying with a 12lb. or so. If you go "too light", you could have idle issues when you come to hard stops. Hell thats still 10-12 lbs. lighter than stock. as far as brands-ACT,fidanza,Clutch masters. they are all about the same, until you get into Toda/Jun for more money. I sat ACT for the price and product you get.

matt

Thanx. Yeah sorry, it is my N/A B18B LS. So, you recomend staying around 12 lbs.?

yes. I am running an 12.5 lb. ACT Streetlite disk. nice product and decently priced. hope this helps,

matt

you could just take your stock flywheel and have it lightened at a machine shop. probably save you alot of money compared to buying a JUN or Toda flywheel.

Originally posted by NotUrAverage_Si@Mar 17 2004, 02:43 PM
you could just take your stock flywheel and have it lightened at a machine shop. probably save you alot of money compared to buying a JUN or Toda flywheel.

as long as they rebalance it, you could go this route also.

The ACT is good choice and affordable at the same time.
A machine shop wouldn't be able to take as much wieght from your stocker as the aftermarket one is lighter.

Back