96 ls teg

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

cloverwood

okay after alot of thought i have decided i am going to buy this 96 ls integra and i would like to turbo it. After i buy the car for 4200 i have about 7-7500 to finish the engine and the tranny plus the turbo. I would like to redo the whole engine and build it for the turbo and also can i use the ls tranny or do i need to switch some of the gears and if anyone knows a good shop in the virginia area. I would like a detailed breakdown of what i need to do and plus how much it would cost. Also could i build the engine then break then engine in then add the turbo?? and what kind of e.t.'s would be possible with this setup

nah it's car #3..lol...i decided against going with the mini me but even if i do get a hatch i would get an ls swap and turbo it cuz the itr swap was going to be more money than i had if i wanted to mod it

i don't think i can afford an rx-7 though and i've decided about the hatch so what do i need to do on the ls i would like to turbo it and what gears need to go in the tranny or can i keep some of the stock gears. Also can i build the engine for turbo then break it in then put the turbo on...i would like to get some really good power to the wheels and have a well built engine after i buy the car i will have about 7-7500 to spend

The LS tranny should be fine unless you start putting crazy numbers down (i.e. not a street car anymore).

if your going to turbo use the LS gears... when to break it in is up to you ... if you have the self control to drive it easy till its broken in with a turbo on it do it all at once if not wait to put the turbo on till its broken in...

as far as the $13000 3rd gen RX7 goes .. those are beat to fuck/recovered thefts... and need about $5 - 10k to be brought to where they should be... i know this ... my friend got one for $13k... its good for a project car but it needs work... and if you dont have experience with rotary engines your fucked ... they are absolutly nothing like piston engines

I hate looking through eBay at all the Gen 3 RX7's I always start thinking about what I could do to afford one.

so how much u think it would cost to build the engine with everything not including the turbo though i could get that in a few months

yeah its 10K now... the auction isnt over yet... and rotarys are only easier if you know what your doing ... all the stuff you know about piston engines is pretty much worthless when your dealing with a rotary... plan on learning a whole new "language" to work with rx7s

Originally posted by E_SolSi@Nov 7 2002, 07:26 PM
yeah its 10K now... the auction isnt over yet... and rotarys are only easier if you know what your doing ... all the stuff you know about piston engines is pretty much worthless when your dealing with a rotary... plan on learning a whole new "language" to work with rx7s

heres the language:
0-60 in 4.9s
13.5s in the 1320
255 hp
216 ftlbs
195 hp/liter

if i had a ride that badass, i wouldnt even open up the engine. id just do the basic externals and suspension.

lol... yeah but there are serious gains to be had on those cars ... after the basic bolton stuff simple intercooler/turbo upgrade will put you in the area of 500whp... only real problem with rotary engines is the seals... theres only 3 moving parts but theres shit loads of seals... they seem to run better when you beat the fuck out of them too :) (my next project is a 1st gen rx7)

you dont want an RX7 as a daily driver anyway ... they are strictly toys ... they are reliable but they give no warning when they die

and i've decided that i do want a integra and i've changed my mind a million times and looked at alot of cars but i am sure now that i want a 96-00 teg..i am looking at an ls and thinking of boosting it...would it be possible to go all motor or is that too expensive..i was trying to only spend 7g's on all the motor mods and some ppl are telling me to do an h22 swap...i heard alot of problems with those but maybe they have been solved..so what would be better to keep the ls setup in there or sell it to someone and get the h22 swap....i would want to know what i would have to do to each engine

Back