99 gsr rebuild/ possible turbo? need advice

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

TraapDorSpida

Hey guys, new to forums and such. But i need some advice. I have a 99 gsr with 130k miles. And it is misfiring on cylinder 2 and 4, and it has low compression on those cylinders as well. the head gasket is pretty done because this thing is bleeding to death. also the guy i bought it from used nitros and im worried that the rings might be messed up. in the end i would like to turbo it too.

will replacing the gaskets most likely fix my misfire and compression problems? do you guys think that i should replace my internals to make sure i can build it reliably? what should i replace? or should i just replace the head gasket and turbo the b****?

the main issue is time and money. my friend offered to let me use his garage, but i dont want to just have it sitting in there for a long time while i take this whole engine apart if i dont have to...

is it possible to turbo it for 1200-1600$? any ideas on a list of parts i should use (or links to builds)? i only want like 250ish hp.

i dont really have any experience, but i want to learn. thanks in advance

Back