A/C wiring info needed

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

friendayaz

Hi.

I recently added A/C on my car which has gone through a D15B non VTEC swap from a carburated engine. The A/C installed works fine but however the person who installed it didn't have ECU pinout diagram with him so he by passed the ECU and installed the A/C directly connected with the battery and alternator. I do know that he installed a relay that is also linked with the thermostat near the cooling coil.

The problem that I am facing now is that when ever I turn the AC on, the RPM goes down. I know the reason that since the ECU has been bypassed so the IACV cannot control the engine idle properly as it never knows that A/C load has been applied to the engine.

Now... can any one tell me how to link the ECU with AC switch... I know that pin23 (blue/red) is the input signal for ACS (A/C Switch Signal)to ECU from dashboard switch but is that the ground wire that I should feed for the signal or is it the live wire which could be +12v??? or is this signal fed to ECU from the thermostat?? Once this is resolved then the output comes from PIN20 (Black/red) for ACC (A/C Clutch relay) but again... is this a ground signal fed to relay or what??

Please let me know thanks.

28348674013_large.jpg

Have you tried ffsquad's web site? If not.....thats my only suggestion (they got a lot of pin out info)

OK.... I checked with my amp meter and saw that there was a voltage that existed in pin# 23 which was roughly 1.8V to 3V

When I grounded that wire... it increased the engine RPM. As a result I used another relay that converted the switch +ive signal into ground and feeded that ground signal to that wire and WALAAA ... problem solved. Hence when ever AC switch is pressed.., it activates the IACV to control the idling of the car.

MODs... Please close this topic as it is now complete.

Back