A few issues I'm having with Amazon...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

SlushboxTeggy

It's only stupid if it doesn't work
VIP
So I recently sold back the majority of my Grad School books to Amazon. Had a nice gift card balance and the shopping spree began. Some stuff I needed, mostly stuff I wanted and never could justify buying. Nearly all the items were shipped, I received them, and they are as I ordered. Nearly all.

Two items I bought on October 11th have not arrived yet. One says it was shipped that day, but I can't track it through USPS, so I have no clue where it is. Finally emailed the company today and got a "if it's not there by Friday I'll send another one". No sorry, no real customer service at all. I had to reach out before I got a response. As a business, you would think that you would make sure your items get to your customers. Personally, I really don't care about when I get this item, its a upgrade for the CamelBak I don't have anyway. I just didn't pay for 17 day shipping is all.

The second (a CamelBak) apparently hasn't even shipped yet. The estimated delivery date came and went and nothing. Finally I reached out to them to find that the item is out of stock and I can either wait or cancel my order. They claimed they called me and left a message, but I don't have a number listed on my profile. But I reply asking how long I'd be waiting for it, as I don't need it before December anyway. No response in the last week.

So I contacted Amazon today about these 2 sellers and after a 45 minute long chat, I can continue to contact them or file a claim and get a refund. Neither of which I want to do. I'm not a malicious person generally, I didn't even plan on giving either negative feedback. The one I think is an honest mistake, the second I think is "shit, we don't have it in stock, well fuck him them". I just hate the lack of giving a fuck about your customers. I would say fuck them, get my refund, and buy it from another seller, but that's not an option at the moment. They are the only ones on Amazon (or anywhere for that matter) selling it. Although, guess not since it's out of stock.

Anyone else have similar issues with sellers on Amazon or other options of dealing with this stuff?

Last edited:
I hate buying things from different vendors on amazon. They charge an arm and a leg for shipping and they send it the slowest shipping they can. I had a book take 2 weeks that was sent a day after I ordered it. Sad part is it was coming from the next state over and about 2 hours away. Another one sent me the wrong book and then sent a used book.
I love my Amazon prime, sometimes it comes the next day.

I would say its a hit or miss. A lot of the cellphone and electronic accessories Ive ordered from have been really good. This is most likely cuz they buy them close to nothing so they can afford to send out replacements and not ask for RMAs. It took me 3 orders to get the right skin protector for my cellphone but theyve let me kept all of the errors and shipped most overnight.

Books are the worst because they ship them media mail so you have to be really careful of the shipping options.

In general though, I always try to buy from Amazon or "shipped/processed" through Amazon first than deal with vendors.

if it hasn't shipped yet, you haven't been billed. go on your account and cancel the order.

as far as the other one, wait a couple of days.

i had this happen with a pair of sunglasses. email thread and blow up later, they just cancelled the order and i was without sunglasses for 2 weeks during the summer.

cancel your order and suck it up. it's not a battle worth fighting.

if it hasn't shipped yet, you haven't been billed. go on your account and cancel the order.

as far as the other one, wait a couple of days.

i had this happen with a pair of sunglasses. email thread and blow up later, they just cancelled the order and i was without sunglasses for 2 weeks during the summer.

cancel your order and suck it up. it's not a battle worth fighting.
Just noticed a number on their Amazon profile. I'm calling tomorrow. Normally I would just cancel it and buy a replacement, unfortunately the CamelBak I want is made specifically for snowboarding and is sold out everywhere. I don't need it for another month at least, so I'll see where this goes before I cancel right away.

Jeef said:
I hate buying things from different vendors on amazon. They charge an arm and a leg for shipping and they send it the slowest shipping they can. I had a book take 2 weeks that was sent a day after I ordered it. Sad part is it was coming from the next state over and about 2 hours away. Another one sent me the wrong book and then sent a used book.
I love my Amazon prime, sometimes it comes the next day.
Prime was awesome while I had the free trial. But unless you're buying stuff constantly, i can't see how its worth it.

Prime was awesome while I had the free trial. But unless you're buying stuff constantly, i can't see how its worth it.

Remember with prime you can have 4 users on one account. 75 four ways makes it cheap. Me and 3 other members of my "household" went in on it. For roughly 20 bucks its worth it.
It works great when I can get some of my dog's supplements from them for half of what the vet wants and have it 1-2 days later.

Box of condoms? Obviously he wants sex toys also.

On topic, I ordered a batch of generic stylus pens from some amazon shop, waited 2 weeks without receiving anything and no contact. I contacted them back, they reshipped, and 2 days later the original order came in. The day after that the replacements came in. I marked the replacements return to sender, emailed the seller that I was returning them, and then got a notification on my amazon account that they refunded the order... So I got free stylus pens. :|

Last edited:
had something similar happen before, not through amazon though.. i bought a video card from C.City, it was 49.99 w/ a $50 rebate.. lol.. they ended up sending me a $10 rebate so i contacted them.. they then sent my $50 rebate.. so sweet, i got paid $10 to take the video card.. lol... well, about a month later, i recieved another $50 rebate check from them.. of course i cashed it.. lol.. so $60 labor to me to install a new video card.. lol

Haha well hopefully I get your guys' luck and get way more than I paid for for my aggravation. About to call them now.

OK, just got off the phone. Great customer service actually. Guess they just suck at returning emails. Explained the situation to me and gave me a few options. They have them on back order from CamelBak but don't have an exact date. So my back order is back ordered. But, they offered to give me the 2012 model for the same price. I didn't realize CamelBak came out with new "trim lines" every year. Sadly, the color scheme I want is discontinued for 2012. So I'm waiting to see if the back order comes in first, before I get the 2012. Like I said, don't need it for another month so it'll definitely work out in my favor in the end.
Jeef said:
Remember with prime you can have 4 users on one account. 75 four ways makes it cheap. Me and 3 other members of my "household" went in on it. For roughly 20 bucks its worth it.
Was unaware you could do that. I'll have to see if I could find some interested parties.

Back