A question(s) for the MODS?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

hybrid89

thistownsucks...
I guess this question is directed towards the mods (brian). I have a ton of parts that I have been going through at my place to sell/trade on here and ebay. I have weighed a lot of them(things like bare blocks, cranks, bare heads, etc.) I was wondering if it would be worth my time(and yours) to catalog misc weights of certain swap items for the reference section. For example a bare B18 block weighs 48 lbs. I figured this could be useful for not only shipment charges for user trades/sales, but also for calculating weights/ratios when building/swapping. Basicly, would it be worth anything to people on this board to know weights of certain larger items? I have a large amount of b, d, and H series parts. I was thinking in the line of heads, blocks, cranks, x -members etc. let me know what you think. If not, I'll save my time and energy.

matt

BTW-whos got the deals on Falken Azenis?

how accurate is your scale?
what elevtion are you at?
is the head decked at all?
gasket remnints?
mahined?
ported?

there's 343122 var's that make the wieght of something pretty neglible

now that's moot point,

as the force of gravity at sea level is 9.800073 m/s^2
at some higher elevation this value at say the top of the rockies might be 9.8000023 m/s^2

you'll see at most a +/- 0.03% difference in weight.

More like a carbed EW engine. Yes, weak by car standards, but you really only need about 40 HP to fly an ultralight, and 100 HP to fly a Cessna 150...

so... nay to this idea. I just wanted to throw out general info that I know more than 1 person might want to have. I thought that this site prided itself on the wealth of knowledge that it held(as well as its members).I guess I was mistaken. If no ones down, I got better things to do w/ my time. BTW- brian...does it really matter if my scale is calibrated to the millionth nana once--its only a car...not rocket science. Just "general" info for the people that wanted it.

matt

Yea, i agree this would be a good idea for a general weight of some parts. Even if he ported/machined/decked, there isnt going to be much of a difference in lbs., maybe 5-10, but the info would be very good to have.

:worthy: For taking the time of doing something like this, i say you go for it. :thumbsup:

i think this would be very valueable information for all...

thanks for taking the time to do this, even if others vote no...

:werd: i could have used it a bunch of times when i was looking for for shipping weights for ebay and didn't have the parts with me here at school

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Mar 30 2004, 10:22 AM
how accurate is your scale?
is the head decked at all?
gasket remnints?
mahined?
ported?

there's 343122 var's that make the wieght of something pretty neglible

its not like he's measuring coke man, lol

Originally posted by hybrid89@Mar 30 2004, 05:07 PM
so... nay to this idea. I just wanted to throw out general info that I know more than 1 person might want to have. I thought that this site prided itself on the wealth of knowledge that it held(as well as its members).I guess I was mistaken. If no ones down, I got better things to do w/ my time. BTW- brian...does it really matter if my scale is calibrated to the millionth nana once--its only a car...not rocket science. Just "general" info for the people that wanted it.

matt

Go ahead and do it if you have time- then post it all up. I'm sure there are a LOT of people out there who would at least be interested in having this information around, even if it's not totally accurate to what Honda has published in the engineering specs. At least it's a ballpark figure to go by. Just make sure to list it as such.

Originally posted by JDMilan@Mar 31 2004, 11:58 AM
tru

also, Cessan fucking scary to fly........oh boy

What you say? I assume you meant that Cessnas are scary to fly...? Bullshit. They're most likely the safest, easiest to fly airplanes out there.

Back