a swapping fit

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Mr.Black

What's up, I'm new here. No I haven't been to the introduction section yet but I am on my way here shortly. I have been reading as much as I can on the internet and aside from people with buckets full of money that can afford everything. I can't seem to find a decent article for the not so rich people looking to swap out the wimpy 1.5 from the fit with something that has a little bit more kick. Can anyone give me a helping hand and direct me somewhere so that I can do some more reading or does anyone know someone that I can talk to?

Thanks

keep lookin:eek:

you'll find something

AND NEXT TIME TELL US WHAT U HAVE

YEAR MAKE MODEL

MIGHT HELP, DON'T U THINK:bangin:

MY BAD NICK

THOUGHT IT SAID WHAT SWAP WOULD "FIT" TO REPLACE A WIMPY 1.5

:giveup:PEACE

MY BAD NICK

THOUGHT IT SAID WHAT SWAP WOULD "FIT" TO REPLACE A WIMPY 1.5

:giveup:PEACE
oh yeah, it's in the "Fit and Jazz" section to. i'm not jumping your shit, i'm just picking on you. i like to mess with the newer members.

FitFreak.net has some good articles... I love hondaswap's articles too, but i don't know many of us here have Fits. K20R swap. That is all.

Thanks guys for all the replies. I guess the fit just hasn't been around long enough for people to take too much of a liking for it yet. It's a nice car, it just lacks a bit of power. Anyways, thanks for all the help, if I find anything I will be sure to post it.

You might try searching for information on swapping the Jazz, not the Fit. The Fit is only known by that name in a few markets- mostly Japan and the USA. Most of the other 70 countries it's sold in use the Jazz name. It's been in production for a while, so I'm sure there are some good engine swap articles available- just not in English! I haven't found them though. :(

Also FYI, Skunk2 made 210whp with their L15A engine on boost. The R18 might fit in that engine bay too- and it's a nice engine with near old GSR bore/stroke geometry. I think R blocks might start showing up in Fits soon.

Safety:
- Change to a better after market brake pads
- Change to Steel braided hoses, to prevent expansion of rubber brake hose due to heat, this will cause brake fade
- Change to a bigger aftermarket brake discs for better heat dissipation

Control:
- Lower your ride for better handling (coilovers + H/D shocks are better choice)
- Fix up front top & bottom strut bars (stiffens the front)
- Fix a strut between tops of rear shock absorber (stiffens the rear)
- Change to thicker pair of Tie-bar in replace of originals
- Use a set of Class A to Class A+ sticky tyres (yokohamas)
- Do up a proper alignment (with +ve camber if you like corners)

Power:
- Ligher Flywheel for faster revving
- H/D Clutch for better grip of gears
- Short shift for faster changing of gears
- Final drive for better torque thus faster acceleration
- Piggyback or ECU remapped for better A/F confi
- Limited Slip Differential for better control of entering corner & thus faster in exiting
- A bored Throttle Body for more air intake
- K&N air filter for better breathing (with heat shield and cold air intake)
- A good exhaust manifold and system, for better exhaust flow
- Road / sport camshafts

Back