A terribly important bit of news

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Celerity

U.S. buying Canadian oil transportation interest

Before I used to tell you guys about oil. natural gas, and other things - But had to say things like "I can't go into detail" and "talk to me later about it"

I, up until recently, worked for a pipeline company pumping Canadian Natural Gas into the US. There are few things I picked up along the way. This bit of news is extremely important for us here, and in Canada.

I worked for the TransCanada pipeline, in US (Which has a different name of course) and can tell you that supply and demand from TransCanada is just about topped out. There is no more. You wouldn't believe how close the East Coast came to black outs this year, and how absolutely MAXED we are. And I know of the status of other power generators throughout the rest of the country too - And it's not good. This year, literally, could be the last year of no rolling black outs. We came, and continue - EVEN TODAY - to come so close to the capacity it boggles the mind.

Well, buying the fuel pipe doesn't buy the fuel within it - But we will be selling to US companies at a discount and playing rate games with oil up there as well. It's a killer world of free enterprise.

This was done in an answer to US needs and bargainning tools - But what did Canada just lose out on ? Stay tuned.

Transcanada, btw, is playing this game in Mexico right now - Selling pipeline contracts to China, where China plans to undoubtedly liquify and ship back to Mainland China - Taking it away from the Continent completely.

Brace yourselves.

then it will cost me $30 every 2 weeks instead of $25 :shrug2:

Originally posted by TurboMirage@Aug 2 2005, 08:23 AM
yeah, fucking sleep when gas prices reach 3 bucks this year.
[post=534373]Quoted post[/post]​

hello and welcome to 2 months ago....

i've already paid 2.94 a gallon... who gives a shit.

yesterday was the first time ever in three years of owning a honda that I put $28 dollars in my tank. True, I was just about on E (it took 11.4 gallons @2.43a gallon) but gas prices suck now.

Yeah, this news prolly isn't affecting Honda people too much.. But to a WRX owner it's as serious as armeggedon.

Between the 4Runner (Which gets astounding mileage for an SUV) and the WRX (Which gets utterly horrendous mileage for a 4 cylinder wagon) Mine and my gf's gas budget is $105 a week.

filled up the other day, 33 gallons @2.49, not bad for 600 miles though

I'm starting to make my own biodiesel... hopefully setting everything up this month, oh yeah it's only .80 a gal.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol+Aug 2 2005, 09:25 AM-->
TurboMirage
@Aug 2 2005, 08:23 AM
yeah, fucking sleep when gas prices reach 3 bucks this year.
[post=534373]Quoted post[/post]​

hello and welcome to 2 months ago....

i've already paid 2.94 a gallon... who gives a shit.
[post=534392]Quoted post[/post]​

im paying 2.38 for the cheap stuff on average.

i also do 400 miles a week travel now, but thats covered by compusmart. :)

20 BUCKS A week for me... 2.68 a gallon for mid-grade up here in Seattle. Well its gonna increase Im sure...Im thinking more and more about getting an insight for daily driving. Im pretty much on the highway all week and 29 mpg compared to 73 miles per gallon would be nice.

Originally posted by Celerity@Aug 2 2005, 11:39 AM
Yeah, this news prolly isn't affecting Honda people too much.. But to a WRX owner it's as serious as armeggedon.
[post=534418]Quoted post[/post]​

in case you forgot, i'm driving the 14 mpg sti... lol

honestly, i don't care. its gas. i need it. whatever price it is, i'm going to pay it, fill up, and go about my day.

hell, i hardly even look at the prices any more when i pull up... i look for the "93" button, and thats about it.

i fill up about every 2 or 3 days, for about 35-40 bucks.... so, im around 100 just for me a week.... and, my life hasn't changed. huge rocks haven't entered our atmosphere, liv tyler doesn't have animal crackers on her stomach, and bruce willis still isn't a driller.

I'm missing the Liv Tyler animal cracker thing. don't remember that scene. Or maybe it's whenever I remember Liv's stomach, I picture it with my spunk on it. I dunno.

so $5200 a year on gas, guesstimated.
about what for you and insurance... $1800 ?
Payments averaged at... again, assuming, $350 a month ($4200)

$10,200 for the car yearly ? break it down again, and you're paying for your car what I pay in rent. My civic on the other hand,

$1500 3 years ago
now getting 40-42 mpg with the underdrive pulley. $60 a month ($720 a year)
$400 a year, full coverage insurance
$1200 a year to own. slightly more than I pay in XM bills and candy bars a year.

-> Steve

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Aug 2 2005, 02:28 PM
and? i've got two... plus a 30k car... lol
[post=534637]Quoted post[/post]​

:worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

Just rub it in man.... WRX is sooo sweet :wub:

Originally posted by Celerity@Aug 2 2005, 03:31 PM
I'm missing the Liv Tyler animal cracker thing. don't remember that scene. Or maybe it's whenever I remember Liv's stomach, I picture it with my spunk on it. I dunno.

so $5200 a year on gas, guesstimated.
about what for you and insurance... $1800 ?

like 1100 a 1/2, so 2200 a year for my 3 cars...

Payments averaged at... again, assuming, $350 a month ($4200)

lol, i wish.

565, but i usually pay 600-650.

$10,200 for the car yearly ? break it down again, and you're paying for your car what I pay in rent.

and rent, gets you nothing in the end either.

i'd rather live with mom then rent... we've been through this.

My civic on the other hand,

$1500 3 years ago
now getting 40-42 mpg with the underdrive pulley. $60 a month ($720 a year)
$400 a year, full coverage insurance
$1200 a year to own. slightly more than I pay in XM bills and candy bars a year.

-> Steve
[post=534639]Quoted post[/post]​

congrats. my car is still cooler and faster than yours, oh, and i have a 24234 foot cock too!

->B

since we're measuring....

from armageddon...

huge rocks haven't entered our atmosphere

i have never seen a "shooting star" my entire 25+ years until 6 months ago...
and in the last 6 months i have seen 5...
they're coming... :ph34r:

Back