Absinthe anyone?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

importjdmcivic

Its the NUGE!
Ok so i just got my 3rd ever bottle of absinthe. The first was a polish brand the second was the Czech Strong brand and my new bottle is Absinthe 66 from germany. Ok so i want to know if there is anyone else on here that drinks it? What is your favorite kind and whats your favorite way to drink it? My fav so far is this new kind i have. 122 proof, and if im correct and if its by the german standards of thujone content it has around 32mg of thujone in it. Which is pretty damn good. My fav way to drink it if im feeling casual is with the whole absinthe glass with slotted spoon on it, with a sugar cube on it. Pouring cold water over the sugar cube into the absinthe. I do about 1 shot of absinthe with 2 shots water. If i just want to get fucked up I chug it straight. Oh also..if anyone has drank it, whats the most fucked up thing that has happened to you from it?

So.... since absinthe, real absinthe that is, is banned where did you come across this?? Or do you have the kind of "fake" absinthe that doesn't contain wormwood. Cause if you have the real kind you should be having hallucinations. I'm just curious, not trying to talk smack or narc on ya or anything.

:D I get all mine illegally from a polish friend of mine. And yes i have had hallucinations, but im just saying its not like the movies where you see green fairies flying around. The best one ive had so far...I was sitting listening to a trance cd that was playing some old classical music..made me think of the 1920s. I close my eyes, and im in another world. I was a german general leading an army over a hill. We all had the spiked helmets and i had a swilry mustache, hahah. Thats the best one ive had so far. But the normal thing is a "body high" and light travels and your body is kind of numb. I like to lick bread after ive drank absinthe cause it feels oh so good.

I liked the polish stuff that I had when I bought a bottle a few years ago. I think it was a 122 proof as well, and defenitely had wormwood in it. I drink the shit straight up. If you want to have a good "trip" and not just feel drunk, than you pretty much have to drink almost the entire bottle IMO. It's was fun and all but if you're really looking to trip, just buy some acid or shrooms. Much better visuals and body buzz.

Originally posted by dveit@Aug 20 2005, 01:32 AM
I liked the polish stuff that I had when I bought a bottle a few years ago. I think it was a 122 proof as well, and defenitely had wormwood in it. I drink the shit straight up. If you want to have a good "trip" and not just feel drunk, than you pretty much have to drink almost the entire bottle IMO. It's was fun and all but if you're really looking to trip, just buy some acid or shrooms. Much better visuals and body buzz.
[post=542727]Quoted post[/post]​

I agree. I had to have 10 shots straight of the polish stuff to make me "trip". And agreed again with the other drugs for tripping...if you want to keep it legal just robo-trip, lol.

Yes it is banned in the US, hence ILLEGAL sustance. Although, it is quite easy to get yourself ahold of a bottle. Question is, is it worth a damn or not? Most foreign manufacturers are diluting it these days, because of its extreme hallucination effects in the past.

You can get bottles of it all day long, but they don't have wormwood in them. There's only a couple places in the world that still use wormwood in Absinthe.

The German stuff you have is not real Absinthe, we do not have the real shit here, it's illegal. Only place I know that has it is Chech, and a couple makers in France. I wouldn't be surprised if the polish shit you had was more terpintine.

Originally posted by importjdmcivic+Aug 20 2005, 07:41 AM-->
@Aug 20 2005, 01:32 AM
[post=542727]Quoted post[/post]​

I agree. I had to have 10 shots straight of the polish stuff to make me "trip". And agreed again with the other drugs for tripping...if you want to keep it legal just robo-trip, lol.
[post=542729]Quoted post[/post]​

Neither of you drink REAL absinthe, you'd be dead if you drink that much straight. It is poisonous unless you mix it. Taste like poop, and you don't drink that much anyway, three or four spoons will kick your ass.

Purchase of real absinthe is illegal in the US. Technically it is just the thujone that is illegal to purchase. But if you get caught with it wouldn't be like if you had cocaine or anything which is really illegal. All depends on your definition of illegal.

Originally posted by erikespo@Aug 20 2005, 04:45 PM
Purchase of real absinthe is illegal in the US. Technically it is just the thujone that is illegal to purchase. But if you get caught with it wouldn't be like if you had cocaine or anything which is really illegal. All depends on your definition of illegal.
[post=542798]Quoted post[/post]​

A joint is as illegal as murder, either something is legal, or not. That's why there's no "sortalegal" in the law books. Probaby wouldn'yt be treated as bad as coke, or murder, but there are those who view it as bad, our customs and ATF people for one.

Originally posted by 92b16vx@Aug 20 2005, 11:07 AM
A joint is as illegal as murder, either something is legal, or not. That's why there's no "sortalegal" in the law books. Probaby wouldn'yt be treated as bad as coke, or murder, but there are those who view it as bad, our customs and ATF people for one.
[post=542802]Quoted post[/post]​

In New Mexico, when you stop at a stop sign, you must count to three, honk your horn three times, then proceed.. It is state law. Does anyone do it? NO.. Do the cops do it? No. Has anyone in history ever been ticketed for it?? no. So there are "Gray" areas.

Back