Accord Brake Upgrade

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

reckedracing

TTIWWOP
VIP
SO my good friend has his 93 accord with an h22 swap...
he's looking for a fairly cheap brake upgrade for the front rotors...
rear too, but first the fronts...

i was wondering if anyone knows if the 92-95 preludes have larger front rotors than the 90-93 accords?

i was also wondering what the opinion of Big brake kitsare, these consits of a larger mounting bracket, stock calipers, and larger rotors...

the big brake kits go form approx 10 inch, to a 12 inch rotor...

i can see better braking due to more leverage, and also more surface area on the disc to disapate heat...

he definately can not afford a full brake setup...

its either stock replacement, prelude swap if the rotors are larger, or this "big brake kit"...

let me know what you think

so here's some more info...

Accord OEM = 10.24" rotor
Accord "Big Brake" = 12.15" rotor

Prelude SI OEM = 10.21"
Prelude VTEC OEM = 11.09"
Prelude VTEC "Big Brake" = 12.19"

so if the "Big Brake Kit" is just as i suspect someone will say, then i'm gonna look into upgrading to prelude vtec rotors...

Why not just get some upgraded pads and stainless lines with some good fluid? If he really wants new rotors, just go with some normal-sized Brembo blanks. Chances are, he's going to be limited by the traction of his tires before he needs all that stopping power of 2 inch-larger rotors.

My personal advice to him was brembo blanks and some aggressive pads...

But he asked if I would research the matter...

4 door SE's are damn heavy cars, especially with full leather and 18's etc...

stock rotors are fine for the F22's but the H22 tends to put more stress on the braking system...

i think i would def not go with the "big brake upgrade", but i am interested in getting the rotors/calipers that came on the VTEC lude's if the price was reasonable...

Will they fit onto the Accord hubs? Will they fit under the wheels?

EDIT: VTEC Preludes (and maybe all the 4th gens?) were 5-lug. 4th-gen Accords were 4-lug. Doh!

Originally posted by dohcvtec_accord@Jun 9 2005, 03:07 PM
Will they fit onto the Accord hubs? Will they fit under the wheels?

EDIT: VTEC Preludes (and maybe all the 4th gens?) were 5-lug. 4th-gen Accords were 4-lug. Doh!
[post=510351]Quoted post[/post]​

All 4th gens (including the VTEC) were 4x114.3 if I'm not mistaken

in '97 they changed to 5x114.3 (same as Accord V6)

Originally posted by driver1@Jun 9 2005, 05:46 PM
4th gen preludes, were all 4x114.3 identical to the accord lug pattern
[post=510369]Quoted post[/post]​

kinda like this here.....and/or what i just said :p

couldnt you just run the prelude vtec rotors and calipers? your current calipers should be a 17cl14vn variety, you want 17cl15vn calipers...they came on vigors,accord wagons,cl,tl accord v6, type r integra,prelude vtec...etc.

couldnt you just run the prelude vtec rotors and calipers? your current calipers should be a 17cl14vn variety, you want 17cl15vn calipers...they came on vigors,accord wagons,cl,tl accord v6, type r integra,prelude vtec...etc.

did you read the thread?
i was trying to find out if they do fit for sure...

the theory was already laid down, just looking for someone to confirm it...

do you know the diffrence between the 14 and 15 variety?

so accord wagon should have the 11" brakes as well then?

Back