Accord Swap Help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

HatchSpeeD

...Hi...
Alrighty, I need some information on an engine swap i'm about to do with a friend.
The engine is out of a 97 Accord ex auto. Its being swapped into a 95 Accord ex 5pd. Questions are:

1)What wiring needs to be done? Is it all plug & play because I know its a obd2 engine swapping into an obd1 chassis.
2) Which ecu should I use?
3) Do I need to change any sensors seeing that it came from an auto and is being swapped into a 5spd?
4) Can you remove the crossmember underneath the engine? I may not have access to an engine hoist.
5) Anything else I should I know?

I've done a few swaps on civics and integras but an accord will be a first. Thanks for any help.

1. You would need to switch OBD's. A conversion harness or rewiring of the engine will be needed. I don't like fucking with OBD changes.
2. Probably an OBD 1 manual Accord ECU. Either you'll revamp the stock harness, or use a conversion harness, but I'd be surprised if you stayed OBD 2 since the chassis is OBD 1.
3. Not that I know of, but whichever harness is the Auto harness would have extra wires for the automatic.
4. Yes. It's really easy to remove that front to back one. The side to side crossmember in the front of the car is a little trickier, but still only eight bolts. I suggest you get a good air ratchet or rattle gun.
5. I'd be impressed if you finish in one weekend. It can be done, but going in blind fucks you every time. The little changes will probably screw you. Even an F22a1 to F22B1 can be a bitch. The H22A swap would be easier.

Why not sell that OBD 2 motor and BUY an OBD 1 engine? The low mileage excuse doesn't work with me, these motors routinely run 200-400k. I'd get the right motor, or upgrade, for the hassle.

Well its not my engine or car for that matter. I've aquired a wrecked accord and my friend wants to swap his engine for a lower mileage one. He eventually wants to swap a h22 but doesnt have the money and seeing that he's getting this engine for free, he wants to do it and i'm game for helping. BTW, expect a huge garage soon from me of D,B,& F series crap. :p

1. You would need to switch OBD's. A conversion harness or rewiring of the engine will be needed. I don't like fucking with OBD changes.

What and how do I rewire. Do you have any links? Could I just use the 95 accords wire harness?

I would use the 95 harness, and try to convert the engine itself to OBD 1. I think you have to change the injectors and distributor, or just look up that stuff in the Helms and start wiring.

This swap is simply not worth it. I would see what your gains would be for the trouble. Even for free, I wouldn't go through the hassle.

Back