Accord with New Civic Type R swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ganapathi

Hi all,

I am doing this as a project.

I have this 2005 old accord 2.4-liter DOHC i-VTEC four-cylinder engine which give hardly 10mpg now.

I came across this new turbo engine https://www.carlist.my/news/sampling-hondas-new-vtec-turbo-engine/34962

I would like to know if it is possible to do this swap of 2.4L i-vtec with new 1.5L or 2.0L turbo vtec which has 40mpg.

I have 6 months of time.

what all should I consider?

Any guidance is deeply appreciated. Warm Regards

Soo much no on soo many levels... also if youre getting 10mpg something is very wrong, and swap is completely different chassis and wiring nothing can be reused, also engines arent even on the market 100% not finding a used one and if you did you could buy a newer nicer car for cost alone

@ dilbeckskate thanks for the reply.

which car's chassis is compatiable with new 1.5L vtec turbo engine? somehow I cannot buy new car at all. I am confident of getting hold of new 1.5L vtec turbo from malaysia.

I think I have to go for new 2.4L i-vtec dohc engine to get the mileage of 21mpg in accord. I have enjoyed enough power drives for now. I am now going for most fuel efficiency cars in Honda.

Is it true that remapping accord 2004-2006 will increase mpg by 10 ?

Are there any other fuel effiecient ways for accord?

... no other chassis fits the engine currently, also you get more than 10mpg 100% and you get more than 21mpg if running right 100% and if you dont something is wrong, id start with pulling codes if check engine light is on, no you cannot remap your car for +10mph and there are no actual gas saver mods

As it is quite old, I am under assumption that this engine will comeup with one or the other problem often. I just cannot spare time again and again.I am looking 10 years from now. I thought I will go for new engine which I will self assemble and to self repair at home when needed. I am ready to take up this project. Am I right ?

Back