ACT, Exedy, Fidanza, Centerforce, etc

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

reckedracing

TTIWWOP
VIP
I don't see a forum for drivetrains, so if you wanna move it to a better place then please do...

wondering what you guys would choose to run for lightweight flywheel, and clutch kits...
street/strip...
H22 accord...

i know its been discussed but i didn't find a thread strictly devoted to this..

and if you have purchased one of these, where did you find the best price...

Exedy
Centerforce
Fidanza
ACT

list others if you know of better ones...

i am specifically looking for horror stories, or ones you would avoid...

I'd use a Fidanza flywheel and ACT clutch.

Speaking of Centerforce specifically, I knew a guy who had the clutch disk material strip off after 50 miles on it. I knew another guy who only got 350 miles out of his. Might have been a bad run, but I wouldn't trust them.

I know people with Fidanza flywheels and ACT clutches who never, ever complain about their setup.

I recommend Fidanza for the flywheel and ACT for the clutch.

:doh:

now we have a serious conflict of opinion...

exedy clutch sets are cheaper... therefore they must be poorer quality :p

who has actual experience with one or the other?

Originally posted by reckedracing@May 19 2005, 10:59 AM
:doh:

now we have a serious conflict of opinion...

exedy clutch sets are cheaper... therefore they must be poorer quality :p

who has actual experience with one or the other?
[post=501286]Quoted post[/post]​

exedy is far better quality that act..
1. they make all of their clutches in house...better quality control...and thats all they make....
2.made in japan
3. act clutches are made from oem clutches...
4. ive had both and the exedy is still runing strong.....act did not out last the exedy and the exedy wore in faster
5.the exedy clutch is a higher stage and the pedal was softer than the act...

B)

exedy is a good clutch for an eom replacement... but once you actually start making some horsepower, the act is where its at. it will hold a lot more and put it to the wheels.

so does exedy have stages? or just diffrent disc materials?

stock h22, IHE in a 93 accord

ceramic or cerametallic?

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@May 19 2005, 11:36 AM
exedy is a good clutch for an eom replacement... but once you actually start making some horsepower, the act is where its at. it will hold a lot more and put it to the wheels.
[post=501302]Quoted post[/post]​

:werd:

Originally posted by integraslut78@May 19 2005, 02:52 PM
ACT HDSS :thumbsup:
[post=501427]Quoted post[/post]​

Yeah I love this clutch, never had an exedy, but the ACT is a hell of a lot better than the piece of shit Valley 8 puck I had before.

Have an Exedy Stage 1 Organic Clutch and an ACT flywheel sitting in my garage...just got to get it installed.... :angry:

i've have an Exedy Cltch Kit w/Type R Flywheel and i love it. Pedal feels close to stock and 15k+ miles later, still no slippage

Exedy > B :ph34r:

Back