Acura 3.2l 3.5l An Da 2.5l

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.

hatch_kidb18b1

OK SO I WAS TOLD TO MAKE A NEW THREAD DUE TO THE ONE I WAS POSTING ON WAS A YEAR OLD LMAO:eek:. ANYWAYS I HAVE A 2000 ACURA TL WITH THE 3.2L V6 VTEC I WANT TO GIVE IT A LITTLE MORE GO BUT NOT GO WITHED FORCE INDUCTION I HAVE THOUGHT ABOUT HEADER,EXHAUST AND CHIPPED ECU BUT IS THER ANYTHING ELSE PLEASE HELP CAUSE I LOVE MY NEW FOUND LOVE THE TL LOL:D

There really isn't much, you can probably dig into the internals but gains will still be minimal, P&P will give you a few extra horses and some top end. I don't think any company makes cams for your motor but do some research, that could net you some nice gains if they're out there.

Why not keep the TL as a nice DD and buy a project?

well i had a project but it got old fast i love the luxury stuff and a old car wit nice motor is only fast and even the newere civics/integras are not that nice inside yeah they look sick and hande nice and are somewhat fast but i would rather have best of all worlds u know what i mean and myu civic never got past 120 yeah it got there fast but my tl got to 140 pretty qiuck for an auto the tl accelerates nice and fast and smooth i just want a litle more top end to keep it going

You have a V6. It has two heads. Therefore it has two cams, one per head.

And seriously, why the hell do you need to be going 140 mph? I'd rather have a small Civic or Integra that's quick to accelerate then some big boat of a car that's capable of eventually reaching speeds you should never be traveling anyway...

v8s have one cam and i only see one cam gear i could be wrong but my car is not much bigger than a teg and it does accelerate very nicely and i like going faster than 80 whats wrong wit that?

old domestic v8s have 1 cam, most newer v8s are sohc or dohc

tl-s has more aggressive cams

part #s for 03 tl-s cams are
front: 14100-PGE-A00
rear: 14100-PGE-A00

v8s have one cam and i only see one cam gear i could be wrong but my car is not much bigger than a teg and it does accelerate very nicely and i like going faster than 80 whats wrong wit that?

Old ass American V8s have one cam. Most import and some newer domestic V6/V8 engines have multiple cams.

And 80-90ish I guess I can understand on the highway, but 140 is just stupid...

i wish i lived in germany considering i am german lol :) but i am sorry i looked at my motor and u are right it is dual cam and i only did 140 twice just to see how fast it was its not an everyday thing i mostley do the speed limit everywhere i go :) and i found out what the difference int the type s is my friend just got one :( i am jelouse lol only has about 20-40 more horsepower and different bumper style a couple other things

i miss my tl :(
i have a 2000tl as my daly driver and it does have power but remember the tranny is very delicate and if u add more power i feal sorry 4 but siriusly get a second car to speed the tl is great ive took mind to 140mph but it is a heavy i dont nock it but keep the tranny in mind i had to rebuild mines once and its not cheap:eek:

swap with a legend 3.5

just look it up i wana do the same i have an 01 tl 3.2 nd for those guys calling it a boat its spanking civics nd tegs stock...lol

Yeah nobody likes a thread from the dead lol. And IBTL means In Before The Lock.

1. This.

2. Since the last post in this thread, the original posters have all gone on to further their education and careers, bought homes, got married, had kids, watched their kids grow old, and are now residing in retirement communities in Florida.

3. IBTL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back