adjusting engine height

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Obd1c1DA9

Sup yall,
So i have a clearance issue with my B18c1 fitting in my da9. Thing is i'm using hasport mounts and they're causing clearance issues with my cf hood, all of the mounts were a direct replacement but what i want to know is would it be wrong in any shape or form to lower my engine by adding no more than quarter inch thick polyurethane spacers in between the engine and frame mounts? all meet horizontally so it would drop evenly if i went thru with this, other than that is there anything i should watch out for?? (will post pics if needed)

get a hood that fits. the motor shouldn't move. wrong geometry there will have you snapping axles all day

yeah that makes sense too but my axles are already on an upward slant that had mechanics cringing....i could live with it rubbing but i just payed 500 for the hood and its already getting f'd up, has anyone heard of this happening? i know i have after market mounts but it just doesnt seem right for a b series swap not to line up..

the hasport mounts sit the motor just like stock. ar eyou sure you have the right mounts?

this mechanic i left it to ordered them...the hood has to be held down to be fastened, i have heard of these clearance issues before but it almost seems like a 1/4 inch down wards wouldnt hurt the shaft angle and only something like a side ways angle would be bad but would the hub/suspension/wheel assembly actually adjust outward with the drop or would it just add all of the pressure to the ends of the axles?

1/4 inch drop is not bad enough to wreck CV axles, especially if your not running high Torque numbers . dont worry about pushing the hub out, your inner joint on the CV is meant to move in and out with natural movement your your susp. that slight angle wont push it to the limit. but i agree those mounts should put it to stock, but if all else fails, try dropping it a hair, if it still doesnt clear, go for the hood webbing as meantioned in a previous post

Why did you even get replacement hasport mounts? The stock mounts would work just fine. Add so motor mount inserts if you wanted to beef up the mounts a bit.

i did an auto to manuel with a jdm b16 on the car as well so i did everything at once. As for the drop im planning on using a 1/4 inch thick flat cut piece of polyurethane for every mount that i can im just not sure if the rear tranny mount bolts up flush like the others...

Why are you using polyurethane? I'd use steel plate, the shock absorption is already built into the mount. You don't want to add any.

good question. im not really sure why id use polyurethane, steel plates sound good but if i go with a steel plate wouldnt using a washer do the same thing? my car does also vibrate quite a bit too so thats why i was leaning toward an absorbing material.

I've seen people adjust mounts with washers, just don't go crazy and try to stack 20 washers on a 6" bolt. Also the Hasport mounts are inherently stiff and cause added vibration.

As long as it wont get loose, im sure with some lock tight it should be ok but yeah... didnt expect so much vibration for the $400+ price tag of those mounts. They're so tight my engine moves like a hair when being revved, oh well there probly good for traction or something lol

Just try using the stock hood. That's the simplest thing you can try first.

nah, lol i just payed out the ass for the cf/two tone paint and my car finally looks unghetto but my hood is OEM spec! whats the difference??

and i dont even have the original hood either, im just trying to do everything clean while doing it the right way because im sure webbing out my hood would a. look ghetto and b. prob take a few years off the life of my hood...pics are coming soon lol

Heres the pics, you can see the rubbed off paint and idk if its me but it almost looks like the passenger side of the engine is higher...

maybe washers would be a bad idea?

Back