Adr Rims Good?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I had a set of 17" ADR DV-8 white rims on my 1997 Civic EX coupe and really liked them alot. heres a pic of the rim and a pic of them on the car:

rim:

adrdv8.JPG

rims on the car:

s3e769ed657579.jpg

I had some 16" ADR DTM wheels on my car... I loved em.

low11-18-01.JPG

front11-18-01.JPG

My buddy Civic_88ls Just got rid of his for100 bucks, mostly because they were curbed on one spot and yeah, had bald tires.

They aren't bad for being heavy rims, but oh well.

Mine were 16" that weigh'ed in at about 15-16 pounds. Not BAD, but not light either. I got rid of them mostly because I needed more sidewall for cornering and straight line traction problem resolution. ;)

I'll admit, I should have kept them for Daily Driving, I LOVED the way they looked. I was accused several times of putting chrome rims on my car, because they had the brightly machined and clearcoated face with bright silver on the rest of the wheel.

i heard the clearcoats on them peel off very easily. this true?

Yeah, SIR Kid, his were the 16's he wasn't happy with them because of the curb marks and needed money so he let all 4 go cheap. He upgraded though to a set of motegi mr7's in white. They are quite nice but a lot heavier.

To answer your question 90 Accord, his clear coat didn't come off, I don't believe.

I had mine for 2 years, drove int eh snow and ice, no clearcoat issues. The centercap stickers did start to yellow pretty badly, though.

Ive had two sets now.... all piles of shit! The first ones i had where those DTM's and the clear coat came off... so they got me a new set and discount tires... I than got a set of Valkaries from whoever they are.. RS limites??? and the center caps dont even screw on!

i really liked when i had the DV-8 rims. they were a lil heavy, but they looked really great on the car....of course i am more of into show than go and thats why i got them.

Back