adware ownz me

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

tylonalsnifnfool

Anybody know any good programs to take care of masive amounts of adware on my puter. Its running very slow and it minimizes my top window about every 3 minutes. This is VERY annoying especialy when i'm playing a game. Right now i have adaware but when i try to run it something shuts down my computer about 1 minute into the scan eveytime. I tryed reinstalling it but it still does it.

Do one of the three:

1. Install Microsoft Antispyware if you have XP.

2. Reinstall your box.

3. Install Linux.

Either of those should solve the problem.

yeah i just switch to firefox about 2 hours before your post. I figured out the adawre thing too. All i had to do was scan smaller sections of my drive 1 by 1 instaed of in 1 big shot.

everythings running smooth now. I think i just need to scan more often. Adaware found like 200 "problems" total.

Spybot, Search and Destroy is a good freeware program

AVG free virus protection program is excellent and has free automatic updates

Sygate Personal Firewall has a GREAT free version you can download.

Mozilla Firefox is free and will stop most adware/spyware from even getting into your computer. Internet Explorer is so full of holes it makes Bush's Iraq "plan" look like a masterpiece. Don't use it, use Firefox.

If you find you have your homepage constantly hijacked by other webpages, use "Hijack This" It works pretty damn good.

Just watch what you click on.. I haven't used adaware or any tool on my box... I don't even use antivirus software. Just be careful on what you click on. don't intall active x controls that you don't trust. Don't run questionable exe files..

Back