AEM Hybrid HELP

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

HatchSpeeD

...Hi...
Alrighty, I just got off the phone with AEM & they weren't exactly sure themselves. I have a 94 Del Sol VTEC (B16). I was looking to get a short ram w/3in piping but would still fit & utlilize the mounting bracket on the chassis . I already have a ITR CAI, which has the 3in piping but its cut into a short ram & doesn't mount on or have a bracket, so it moves around. Now, AEM doesn't make a short ram 3in, for the civic, del sol bay. Ok, so i'll try the hyrid CAI then, screw it. I'm not gonna hack it.

Anyway, to make a looong story short now, does anyone know if the AEM hyrbid for 92-95 civic (Part# 21-5006) bracket will definetly mount to my del sol chassis & will it fit exactly the same as a 92-95 civic. Most importantly, I want the thing to fit on the TB & the bracket to fit on the chassis but if the filter doesn't exaxtly fit into the wheel well, thats fine i'll just cut the bottom of the piping to fit. I'd hate to hack it, but again any difference between the del sol & 92-95 setup?

Last edited:
i've wondered the same thing.. i have a BAR'd b16 hatch and in order for me to keep it legal with a CAI it would need to be from a delsol VTEC...

Heh, thats funny. Guess where in this together. I used to have a 94 Hatch & honestly the del sol looks to have a smaller engine bay. I'm thinking, the del sol core support is different ofcourse making up the difference in space but i'm hoping the chasiss is the same, ie. frame & such. Need to make sure the bracket will line up & it would be awesome if the filter fit into the wheel well the same too!

b16 del sol's are factory. you should be able to get just the regular AEM CAI for the del sol and not worry about the hybrid. i'm not sure why there are issues. should bolt right in.

get_nick said:
b16 del sol's are factory. you should be able to get just the regular AEM CAI for the del sol and not worry about the hybrid. i'm not sure why there are issues. should bolt right in.

yep.. thats one reason i was able to BAR my car without too much of a hassle.. +1 on the delsol vtec CAI bolting into a b16 sol.. now what about the b16 hatch.. is it the same??

I'm using the hybrid for the 3in piping diameter. The regular is 2.75 I believe. Its proven on the dyno to be much better. I do have the del sol vtec that comes stock with the B16 but i'm currently building an engine doing a PMR. (GSR block, B16 head) With the work being done I would benefit from the 3in diameter like the CAI from an ITR uses. That was part of the whole issue.

One of the techs from AEM just left me a voicemail saying the engineers believe the 21-5007 would fit the best, not the 21-5006. The 5006 is for 92-95 hyrbrids & 5007 is for 96-00 civics. Hmm, i'm gonna have to call them again. All though racingworks.com has it listed for hybrid del sols & 92-95 civics & everyone else who sells it including aem's catalog has the 5007 for 96-00 civics. I'm so confused...

well thats the thing, technically they don't have the del sol listed under the hyrbid section (except ^ site). My problem comes in where the CAI for the B16 sol is 2.75 piping & i'm looking for the 3in which the hybrids have but, i'm not sure if the 92-95 civic or 96-00 civic hybrid will fit. For some reason, AEM told me to go with the 96-00 but I haven't called them back yet.

Back