After 2 years James gets a car!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jimboburgess

Go fast, Go Cheap
Hey guys,

I'm back, after a couple of years without a running car and a half a year without any car. I finally got one, and it's a beaut, so long as you enjoy powerless, dull beige sedans.

Photo2.jpg

Photo7.jpg

here's the money shot
mmm. . . 85 hp 87 ft/lbs of torque, always the high honda redline @ 6000
the electric motor has 20hp more than the 2009 model, though i'm betting they changed it for the better.
Photo11.jpg

And i already outfitted it with a custom battery, straight from wally-world.
Photo15.jpg

Long story short (and the reason i'm posting in this forum) anyone have any ideas on how to make this thing more exciting?

Last edited:
I was thinking about putting a motorcycle next to it.

cb750 from the 1970s look pretty good.

Last edited:
long time no see... still crappin in washing machines?

it's got a 1.3 liter lean burn engine, and a Continuously variable transmission so it is hella slow.

the rims are aluminum light weight designed to keep the unsprung weight down and mpg numbers up.

If i were to put rims on it i'd want to buy the lightest ones out there. I like these rims better than the one on the current gen civic hybrids

What i would really like to do is import a european civic hatch fourdoor and swap the power train over. give me a few years and a real job to do that though.

so a set of hybrid wheels would be a nice upgrade for any civic.. because there light, amd why would you want to do that swap into a hatch?

but a 4 door? they look kinda grandma car-ish imo, i thing the hybrid would be sweet with a k swap

Back