After 8 months....

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Airjockie

Watanabe Whore!!!
Rest In Peace
The kitchen...... :D

I got the garage to a point to where I can actually sit in it and enjoy it...I hung out in there all weekend...cars are somewhat running..so now I can get back to the project I started a long time ago....operation "Keep the Heat in the house"...

I'm hopped up with my pot of coffee.... :blink:

Ripped out the old window and now I got to repair the sash, level everything up...and pop the new window in....then back to more wall work...insulation, drywall, taping and spackeling...

IF your good with tools, and want to hang out and chill wit some Corona's...then swing by... ;)

pics to follow after it's done....

If I had time when not working on my own place I would. SOmetimes being a home owner sucks

no worries...the window is done, I stripped a lot of paint on the exterior, and made a new sash for it, tommorrow is a trip to home depot to get woor for trim, and some paint, and hopefully I can get another project knocked out soon....

and it looks hot...I'll snap off some pics tommorrow... :p

Originally posted by Airjockie@Sep 5 2005, 04:28 PM
n tommorrow is a trip to home depot to get woor for trim,
[post=549886]Quoted post[/post]​

You best be not going to home depot. :ph34r:

They are going to be building a new Home Depot in Southington right on the Meriden line over by Showcase Cinemas - Good News for you Clayton

whooohooo...that'll save time and gas formy projects... :)

abe.jpg

abk.jpg

windo is in, frame on the outside is painted...just got to clean it up a little...and tommorrow...I hope to get the interior started again...

and the house is starting to look sweet :) ...to bad there is like no rain and the grass is all dying... :(

abt.jpg

The pavers are done, and the light is freshly installed in a cement base and hooked up... :)

abx.jpg

16 windows to do...one done...price.per window is $180ish...time 1.5 days to do it right...had to rebuild the sash...

my neighbor had 11 windows done by a cheap company...around $3K's..done in two days...but the sills were all done in sheet metal...and I want wood..

So the choice is to have someone do it for around $4.5+K's..and be done in 3 days...

Or do it myself..and take 3-4 weeks...at a price of 3K's...but with the OT cut back I can afford a window a week at this rate...

And I still don't have a roof on the garage... :(

you should see it in person. clayton has done wonders to the grounds, and he has pretty much a nice HUGE full yard. :) the garage looks better in person, and looks/feels HUGE with the white paint.

mucho props to the hizzouse.

looks good Clayton, your neighbor more than likely had the flashing (aluminum) put on the sash to keep away the water. Its not a bad idea and could save tons of hours of mainenence (painting, etc.). This could all be done relatively cheaply assuming the use of an aluminum break.

yup..they said the first thing they unloaded was a break...

But when I think about it...the house was built in 1893ish...the wood is still good in some areas, so a lot of stripping, sanding, and replacing the rotted peices...and then fresh paint...they should last another 100ish years...with the flashing sills...it just covers up the rotted peices...and then you can't see them...and that's just asking for more repairs down the road. but adding new thermo effeicent windows over the 100+ year old drafty windows is the main goal :) with the gas companies going apeshit over their prices...this winter may hurt the NE...

not just gas but oil. My mother's oil contract for the winter was signed at 2.29gal up from 1.49gal last year...

Gas is almost the same too as she has a gas fireplace

yup...that's why I am thinking of put one of those pot-belly wood burning stoves in the kitchen...to help out with the winters upcoming heat costs...the flue is still there so connecting it up to the chimini is no proble...and the neighbor has a huge wood pile that has been sitting there drying under tarps for years..and he says if I need some...just come and grab it. The garage will have a huge gas heater...as soon as I dig a trench to code and run the pipes...already have the huge heater sitting in the basement...just waiting to install it.

I am so glad I switched over to gas last year...with that oil furnace...it would run me $800 a month for heat at those prices...last year was $400 for 22 days...

pellet stove?

i rock teh DDR. my feet are too fast for the cam. :)

I thought about pellet stoves...but what a pain in the butt...they sell pellets in bags on a pallet or by the ton...and with my back...I'd rather enjoy the piped in heat....I still have that mini-jet heater that will take the chill off in a few minutes in the house or the garage... :)

Back