Air Ride Suspension

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.
they are kinda a show type of suspention, no, they will not make your car bounce, that is hydrolics. Air suspention can make your car be like .00002 inches off the ground when the thing is off and you can raise and lower it to what ever hight you want. I think that the money spend could be used on a nice set of JIC or TEINs

Originally posted by asmallsol@Jan 21 2003, 07:38 PM
they are kinda a show type of suspention, no, they will not make your car bounce, that is hydrolics. Air suspention can make your car be like .00002 inches off the ground when the thing is off and you can raise and lower it to what ever hight you want. I think that the money spend could be used on a nice set of JIC or TEINs

Using nitrogen, like MANY MANY ppl are now, you can bounce your car. If you aren't an autox'er, then i dont see why not getting them, if you get a good setup, they wont bounce around and ride rough. AIM/Chassis tech/Blow Jax is all shit and dont use em. I had 1/2" bags on my s-dime, when the rears were inflated, it actually helped plant more then if i was riding at my "cruise" height (about an inch or so from the ground), i liked em and i will use em again on my next mini.

Originally posted by Canuck 93 Civic Si@Jan 21 2003, 08:53 PM
Will an air ride setup do anything for or against your cars handleing and ride comfort?

Depending your setup. If you just like to look good or like a smooth ride. Then after the bags break in, they are very comfy. Honda's use cylinders all the way around (suppose to anyways, cheaper kits have bags) and if you dont get accumlators, you will bottom our the cylinder and be a hella rough ride.

It rides really nice if setup right and as for handling? i dont know, i have never autox'ed a honda with air.

Originally posted by Canuck 93 Civic Si@Jan 21 2003, 08:53 PM
Will an air ride setup do anything for or against your cars handleing and ride comfort?

horrible.

the thing will ride like crap.

you are on the wrong site to be asking about this rice shit.

thank you drive through.

Originally posted by Prowler@Jan 22 2003, 08:58 AM
And how much would the compressors weigh you down?

The compressors dont weigh as much as you think. Mine were around 10 lbs, maybe less.

B - they do NOT ride rough. The bags have to wear in for 500 miles, after that, its a caddy. Yes, cheap bags and cheap setups ride rough, but until you have owned a setup and a good one at that. Then you truely dont know.

actually pissedoffsol i have a set and they ride really nice and i think they handle not bad nothin for autoxing but if u were into draging then i think they would be a benifit because u could distribute your weight where u wanted it

do as you wish, but i and th other 9,980 members on this site will point and laugh when your car is at the inspection line for an autoX and they see you have "air ride y0"

WTF

Originally posted by paragus@Jan 22 2003, 12:23 AM
i wanna do this set up with my mini.. whenever i build it :rolleyes:

Mini as in Mini Cooper? Have you done anything to it yet? My dad has one and he know nothing about good brands and so far he paid 150 on an intake that justs converts the filter to a cone type (leaves stock tubing) Plus he is now looking at cheapo chips, shitty no name suspention parts and wheels that look identical to the stock ones (extremly ugly)

air ride...probably one of the best riding suspension systems you can have. sure you can invest in all the coilovers and struts that you want, but what you gonna do if there is a big ass hill going up and there is no other way to take? well with air ride all you have to do is hit a switch and up goes your car (in a few seconds). now if your car has coilovers, what you gonna do?? get out your jack, jack your car up, turn your coilovers and waste several minutes doing it?? also coilovers ride rough as shit, with air ride you are not going to be riding like shit, but very comfortable (depending on setup) an as if on air...cause you are on air...LOL. anyways, air ride doesnt weigh that much, maybe a few extra pounds...like 10 lbs if that. now if you thinking hydraulics, then yes they do ride like shit and are VERY heavy. plus they are a bitch to deal with because you are constantly maintaining them. anyways, if i was to choose either/or..id go air ride simply because they are easier to deal with cheaper than most other suspension systems. and Brian...i wouldnt make fun of people with air ride bro. show some respect

btw: i have a few videos on my pc of several cars/trucks on air hopping, dragging (not drag racing) and even getting up on 3 wheel motion. if you want one, lemme know and i will see what i can do.

Originally posted by asmallsol+Jan 22 2003, 02:56 PM-->
@Jan 22 2003, 12:23 AM

Mini as in Mini Cooper? Have you done anything to it yet? My dad has one and he know nothing about good brands and so far he paid 150 on an intake that justs converts the filter to a cone type (leaves stock tubing) Plus he is now looking at cheapo chips, shitty no name suspention parts and wheels that look identical to the stock ones (extremly ugly)

He meant mini... as in mini-truck (s-dimes, yota's, nissan, etc.)

Originally posted by asmallsol+Jan 22 2003, 11:56 AM-->
@Jan 22 2003, 12:23 AM

no mini-truck

whatever- air bags are gay and should be discussed on stupidhonda.com, not hondaswap.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back